Friday, September 30, 2011

September Recap

Average Temp: 72F/22C

Miles run: 112.2 miles - passed 1000 miles for the year!
 
Rest days taken: 9 days

Highest mileage week: 9/12 - 9/18 with 28 miles

Average pace: 8:11 min/mile (same as last month!)

Races: Buffalo 15k - the last race with my maiden name!

Current Obsessions:
Wedding Photos! Cannot. Wait. To. See. Them. ALL! 

I think we were saying "We're Married!! AHHH!"

Current Blessings:
1. My uncle having successful heart surgery this week and being released from the hospital tomorrow!
2. A stress free life and a free schedule! I love having more free time than I know what to do with now that wedding planning is over!  My weekly calender is completely empty and it is the best thing ever!

Current Excitement: My running club is hosting the National Master's XC race in October....and we are having some special guests!!

Current Bane of My Existence: Changing my name! Who knew it would be so difficult! Pain in the butt!

Current Read: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. It is a collection of connected short stories about a woman named Olive and her immediate family and friends in the town of Crosby in coastal Maine.  I also started and finished The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson while on our honeymoon.  It was a pretty good book - the sometimes graphic portions were hard to read.




Current Guilty Pleasure: Free hot chocolate at work.  I had about 4 cups today.


 Hope your September was great! Bring on October!

12 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow! What a huge month for you. I am impressed that you hit that mileage with your weddign and honeymoon and everything. nice work!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh and I love that picture of you and Brian!! You two are just too cute for words. That picture totally captured your pure joy and excitement. I can't wait to see more pictures!!

Kim said...

I cannot wait to see your pics either!!! And am very happy your uncle is well and you have more free time.

I put off changing my name for a year! I think I was actually able to change my Driver's License before my SS card which I thought was bizarre.

Audrey said...

that picture is SO cute!! sounds like you are having an absolutely fabulous month. happy october!

Anonymous said...

I've been loving reading your blog with the combination of running & also wedding planning posts. I'm an engaged runner and it's been interesting how wedding planning changes your life!

Glad to hear you had a great month and congratulations!

Suzy said...

Aahhhhh, the forms upon forms you need to change your name on everything. Have fun with that one. 11 years later I finally changed my name on the last outstanding 'maiden name' piece. You had a wonderful month!

Amy said...

What a great and memorable month! I love that picture of the two of you!

Marlene said...

That wedding picture is awesome!! I can't wait to see the rest either. :)

Enjoy all that spare time!

Anonymous said...

Love that photo! You both look so extremely happy! And congrats on the running for the month and year! :)

Jamie said...

Love that picture! I am looking forward to seeing more :) Love wedding pics!

Anonymous said...

Great month, love that picture!

Being Robinson said...

september was a fantastic month. LOVE the wedding picture, precious!