Thursday, November 1, 2012

Food Comparisions

When it comes to food, I can be pretty boring. I usually buy the same thing every week at the grocery store and I often eat the same thing for lunch throughout the week.  But recently, something has come over me and I have had the urge to try new things.  I have been on a mission to find new favorite things that I can enjoy each week! 


Pumpkin Spice Latte: Starbucks vs. Tim Hortons.  A few weeks ago, I decided to try the Tim Horton's PSL.  I made a special trip to Tim Horton's before work and picked on up.  And it was gross.  Ugg.  Disgusting.  I guess nothing beats the Starbucks PSL.


Granola Bar: Larabar vs. Odwalla.  I have tried a few Odwalla bars and I love them.  LOVE. They are delicious.  But I wanted to give Larabar a chance.  I can actually read and understand all the ingredients listed on the package and so I thought it might be a good idea.  Well turns out, I don't really like dates that much.  And the bars kind of look like poop.  The only one I can stand is the Chocolate Chip brownie, maybe because it has lots and lots of chocolate it in it cover up the taste of the dates.



Oatmeal: Instant vs. Homemade oatmeal.  I have long been a lover of instant oatmeal especially the brown sugar kind! Yum! But my running buddy said its not really that healthy for me since it seems to be packed with sugar. So I decided to try making my own oatmeal from scratch.  And although it takes about 5x longer than the instant, it actually turns out to be pretty good and pretty filling. 


Coffee Creamer: Regular vs. S'mores.  I have always been afraid to grab a new and different coffee creamer because what if I don't like the flavor? Then I am stuck with this giant thing of creamer I wont use.  Well I decided to try the S'mores flavor in hopes that I couldn't go wrong with that?! Well it turned out to be a win because I LOVE THIS STUFF. LOVE. It is almost like putting a hot chocolate packet in my coffee. Almost. So good. 

Have you tried any new foods lately? Love or Hate??

5 comments:

Amy said...

I haven't tried the Tim Horton's PSL yet, but now I think I'll just stick to the Starbucks kind! While I've been off work, I've been trying to make a lot more foods from scratch. Perogies from scratch were way better than store bought. Ravioli from scratch with homemade pasta were tasty, but not worth the time, effort and money!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Mmm... I will have to try s'mores flavored creamer. I usually get french vanilla but should switch it up!

I agree that nothing compares to Starbuck's PSL. I have tried other copmany's knock-off - not the same!

Marlene said...

I am such a creature of habit with my food, especially since I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen generally.

I've been trying to have homemade oats more than the instant, and it's amazing how much longer they fill me up - especially with the mix-ins!

Anonymous said...

I always eat and drink the same stuff. I'm always worried I spend money on new things I might not end up eating and then would feel guilty. But luckily my boyfriend likes trying new things, so I can taste and then maybe change my routine :)

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

tim horton's was soooooo disappointing to me too. ughh.. what do you put in your homademade oatmeal? i still cant get ompletely onboard with it. i keep trying to add things to make me like it!