Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Dark at 5am!!

I woke up a little bit earlier than normal this morning for my run because I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to get ready and still be to work at a good time. It was pretty dark out, but I haven't been running as early as I did last year so I kind of missed it. Its an interesting feeling running in the dark, it definitely makes me want to try a midnight run sometime. I would like to see how early morning runs compare to late night runs.

Something that i experienced a lot last year running in the morning was cold and warm spots of air. It was quite unique; I would be running and all of a sudden I would hit a cold spot, then just as quickly i would slip back into the humid hot air. This brings me to another point - goosebumps. I get goosebumps often for many different reasons but the strangest so fair would have to be while i am running. I think it was last year at the Boilermaker at about Mile 7.5 when i had goosebumps spreading up my legs even though I was very warm. I also experienced them in a very important basketball game my junior year; there was 30 seconds left and we were winning, I was bandaged up from my many collisions and i stood at center court and suddenly got goosebumps. Very odd!

No comments: