Monday, July 21, 2008

Rainy Run

I woke up this morning at 5:10am and rolled myself out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom. Ten minutes later i threw the dog and cats outside and headed down the driveway in my nice new shoes!! YAY no more foot or knee pain. They felt great, all cushy and comfortable. I had been hoping for a rain run all weekend and today i got it! It just sprinkled the whole 5.6 miles and by the end i was soaking with rain and sweat. It was quite dark when i started and it was so peaceful. Usually i can see the moon and stars but this morning with the rain it was overcast. I guess i have to choose either rain or beautiful skies.

The run was quite enjoyable - i was aiming for a 7:35 pace and i was actually on track until i reached the last 0.9 miles. As i turned on my road i was at 36:20 but my road is all uphill! I hate hills, they make me angry especially the one on my road. I try to run fast up it but it is not easy at all. I know that it will help me in my training but im stubborn and like to complain about them. I eventually caught up to my mom walking the dog, its really my dads dog but my mom walks her. Shes a 13 year old Siberian Husky and she is so cute and has a great personality. Sadly she had really bad ear infections last year so now she is deaf.

Although the run went well, the other parts of the morning were a mess. There was no english muffins so i had to stop and get a bagel on the way to work. I always eat english muffins with peanut butter because after running i cant have milk or cheese or any type of dairy. Its really weird, and im not sure if anyone else has this problem but I become lactose intolerant until i have solid food. I guess my stomach is just really sensitive. All of this started last summer so i have to be really careful what i eat after i run. SO i got my bagel and then i noticed that my mascara was all smudged under my eyes. I NEVER wear mascara so the one day i actually remember i get it all over myself! Then i got to work and got sick even though i hadn't had any dairy...maybe dehydration?? Not sure. Let's hope this afternoon is better.

1 comment:

B-rabbit said...

You are the funniest person I know. Maybe a little rambling this morning huh? What else would I expect though. What a mess ;)