Yesterdays workout was not as intense as previous ones which was good. We were supposed to run 2-4 miles but I was put into the girls group and they are strictly sprinters aka they hate running any form of distance. After running a few miles we were supposed to do hills. We ended up just running to the hill, doing 4 hills, and running back. I think my body needed a little rest although I really wanted to get 3 miles in. The knee/hamstring is sore but better. After the short workout we went and lifted.
Today is a speed work day of sorts and then Saturday we are doing time trails!! I am kind of excited because I haven't done these since high school and I would like to see what I am capable of doing. The sprinter coach asked me yesterday how fast I run the 400m. Of course my mind went completely blank at that point and I couldn't remember any of my times. He said that they need another girl for the 4x400m relay and as long as my times are good and low I may be able to run it! I am very excited about this because that is one of my goals (to be on the relay teams). I know that last year without any training I ran a 72 (seconds) for my first lap of the 800m so I hope that I can run a sub 70 Saturday for the 400m. (sorry for all the trackie terms)
Ok so everyone has been tagged in this 6 random facts about yourself. Well I am never good at coming up with this kind of stuff but here goes:
1. I love to make lists. I make lists for everything - daily to do lists, books to read lists, clothes to buy lists, food to shop for lists....the list go on!
2. In my third year of basketball I ate Kraft macaroni and cheese three hours before one of the first games and played amazing so from then on I ate it before every game! It was like my magic food but by the end of my fourth year I was so sick of it and haven't had it since!
3. I carry this quote around in my wallet - "worrying does not empty tomorrow of its problems, it robs today of its strength"
4. I am 5' 9" and I played the Forward/Center position in basketball. I loved it because I was always so much quicker than the tall fat girls I played against. My favorite thing was to rebound and in a game my senior year I had 23 rebounds. This proves its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
5. I am an only child and therefore I am prone to selfish moments and boughts of not sharing!
6. I played soccer and basketball, and ran track from 7th grade through my senior year in high school. Needless to say I didn't have a boyfriend until college.
Happy Friday! My roommate is making chicken enchiladas tonight for dinner! YUM!