Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Track Practice

Well I am back into the swing of things. Yesterdays practice went well but I really pushed myself too hard and felt that familiar achy pain in the back of my knees. We did a super long warm up after the Coaches talked to us about expectations for the season. Then we did 2x (120m and 150m sprints at 80%) with a 200m walk for recovery after both sprints then 200m sprint at 60% with 200m walk recovery then 100m sprint and a cool down. I felt like I was going almost 100% just to keep up with Abby - Not my best idea. My legs did feel great though for most of it because I had taken the time to rest over the break.

We then went and lifted upper body and I plan to max out once again probably later this week. I am hopeful that I will be able to get over 100lbs. Also I am looking for team warm ups - we want ones that are warm and kind of like the nike or brooks zip up tops and bottoms. Any suggestions on a good website to look at? Otherwise I am hoping my Coach has some connections!

In the theme of December and Christmas, I started reading The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder last night. It is a very cute Christmas book that has one chapter for each day starting Dec. 1st and going to Dec 24th. I suggest picking it up - its good for children and adults and definitely gets you into the Christmas spirit!

I am headed off to Day 2 of practice soon! Have a great day!

8 comments:

Marcy said...

I think eastbay.com has team stuff?!? If I remember correctly. I don't know if it's any good or if it's even at a reasonable price but every once and awhile they send me their catalogs and I see team stuff in there.

Lacey Nicole said...

hmm... definitely eastbay. my brother and i are asking for the L.L. Bean 1/2 zips i'm not sure how warm they are but they have reflective colors for nighttime.

*aron* said...

those practices sounds intense... good luck at day 2!!!

Marci said...

Good work and have fun with day 2

X-Country2 said...

Eastbay for sure. Good luck on day 2!

Meg said...

Nice job!
This may be a silly question, but how do you know what 60% or 80% feels like? Are you targeting a certain pace or just a feeling of exertion?

N.D. said...

Glad practice went well. I don't know much about warmups. THat sounds fun though, what are your team colors? Good luck with that.

nicole said...

i agree with marcy, eastbay is a great place for team stuff.