Saturday, December 31, 2011

One final Long run of 2011

I am finding it hard to recap my whole year in one post.  It sure was a busy but wonderful year.  When I look back there are a few things that stand out....


Running my 3rd Half Marathon with my best running buddy



Buying our first house

Getting Married!


And lots of great runs! I finished the year with 1315 miles, my first ever year over 1000 miles.


It was a great year and I ended it on a great note with 10 miles this morning - the first run with my running buddy in a long time and my longest run in a long time.  We took a very hilly route and my hip flexors were quite sore by the end but my knee really didn't bother me which was great!

Obviously not from the New Years' Eve morning run - we were bundled up for the cold morning!

Here's hoping 2012 will be ever better!

19 comments:

Suzy said...

Happy New Year J!

Kim said...

Awesome last run of 2011! And congrats on being way over 1000! I think it's really impressive that your mileage is so high, since you were not marathon training. (I don't mean that in a bad way! Just that that is what it takes for most people, myself included)

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

You did have a busy year with getting hitched and buying a house! Great job with all the mileage!

Happy New Year!

Amber said...

Oooh wedding photos! I feel like I haven't seen many of your wedding photos. Did I miss a recap post? I think I'm going to have to go back and search through your archives ;)

Happy New Year to you and the hubs!

Christine said...

What an amazing year for you!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Love love your house!! Lots of firsts!! Have a Happy New Year!

justme said...

what a great year, hope the next one is even better ..

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Looks like 2011 was a great year for you! Nice work on the mileage.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

What a year! :) LOVE your house!! Happy new year!! I hope 2012 is a fabulous one for you! :)

Rebecca said...

Happy happy New Year!! That is a seriously intense and AWESOME year. I am glad I met you and got to share some of it with you! Great run this morning, and I agree... 2012 will be great!

Page said...

You had such a great year!! Here's to an even better 2012!

Kim said...

What a GREAT 2011!! Happy New Year!

Elizabeth said...

What an eventful and exciting year! Congrats on the beautiful house, and I love your wedding photos!!!

Rena said...

Happy New Year! You had an awesomely eventful 2011. Here's so another great year.

Lisa said...

I haven't been reading your blog for long and just want to say that is a gorgeous wedding dress and you look absolutely beautiful. I love the red roses and the bridesmaid's dresses too. Congrats on a great 2011 and I look forward to following along for 2012.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

2011 was a huge year for you! So many wonderful things happened. :) I love reading people's recap posts because it's cool to see it all listed out in one place.

Here's to a fabulous 2012!!

Molly said...

you had a great year, and yay for over 1,000 miles!

Allison said...

Happy New Year! Glad 2011 was such a good year for you.

Marlene said...

YAY for running double digits again! Great way to finish off the year on a high note. Congrats on 1000+++ miles last year!