I found three recipes online and decided to try each one to see which one turned out the best. Over the last couple of weeks, I have made each recipe and then used Brian as a guinea pig. Of course he loved all the homemade cookies coming his way, but it wasn't until this weekends batch that he said (without any prodding) that this was the best cookies.
These satisfy my peanut butter craving maybe a little too much because I can't stop eating them! Maybe it is the special ingredient of Peanut M&M's or maybe it is because I accidentally got distracted while baking and let the ingredients whisk in my mixer extra long. Either way, this recipe is definitely going into my recipe book!
Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 c. butter flavored Crisco, soft
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. Peanut Butter M&M's
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat Crisco until smooth. Beat in peanut butter, then sugars.
4. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and beat until smooth. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
5. Lastly, gently stir in Peanut Butter M&M's.
6. Place rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.(***cooking times may vary by oven so keep an eye on them until they are golden brown on the edges)
Favorite Recipe -
Runner's Up -