This week has been crazy busy. Wednesday I was at work and was hit with a huge headache around 2pm. I tried to shake it off with water and a little advil but nothing worked. I finally left work around 4pm and went home to collapse in bed. After a short nap, I felt slightly better. I decided that making a good home cooked meal would help to kick the final remeants of the headahce. After making this meal I felt so much better.
You have to make this for dinner tonight! It is so easy and delicious.
Penne Rosa with Shrimp
12 ounces penne
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
8 ounces chopped mushrooms
2 medium tomatoes chopped
4 cups fresh spinach
10 ounces frozen (or raw) shrimp
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes until garlic starts to soften.
3. Add in mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and release water.
4. If using uncooked shrimp, add in now and cook for 2 minutes. Then add in spinach and and let cook a few minutes. If using cooked shrimp, add in spinach and let cook for a few minutes then add in shrimp.
5. Turn stove down to low heat, add in penne, marinara sauce and greek yogurt. Stir until sauce is mixed well and all pasta and veggies are coated. Add in parmesan cheese and continue to mix. Heat until pasta mixed is warmed through and then serve!
Recipe from Back to her Roots.