The month of May brought warmer temps and bright morning sunrises! It was a great month for running especially in the morning! I ran my second 5k race of the year and PR'd!
May miles: 84.9
2010 miles: 419.2
This is my fourth month of mileage in the 80s and I feel like I could run a bit more each week to increase my endurance in preparation for the 15k in July.
I was tagged by Molly and Alee for the Versatile Blogger award, and the rules are that I have to share 7 random things about myself.
1. I joined the track team in 7th grade and then in 8th grade started throwing shot put in order to avoid running. I didn't avoid running for long because my coach put me into Pentathlon which involved a lot more running and training!
2. One of my favorite summer desserts is strawberry shortcake! I found this recipe and want to try it!
3. I don't really wear jewelry, but I know I will wear an engagement ring and wedding band when I get married. I didn't even get my ears pierced until a month before my senior prom in high school.
4. All the members of my family have a first name that starts with the letter 'J'.
5. I grew up, went to high school, went to college and now work all within the same city!
6. I first met Brian when we were both in our second year of college. I didn't really like him because he talked a lot but we were both in the same degree program (a five year program) so we would work on homework together. Some where along the line, I started to like him and we have been dating since the 4th year of college.
7. If I could have any other job besides the one I have now, I would be a photographer.
If you haven't participated in this yet, consider yourself tagged!
Today is National Running Day!!
I jogged a quick 5k this morning and felt great! Are you running today?
Have a great Wednesday!