Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May miles

The month of May brought warmer temps and bright morning sunrises!  It was a great month for running especially in the morning!  I ran my second 5k race of the year and PR'd! 

May miles: 84.9
2010 miles: 419.2

This is my fourth month of mileage in the 80s and I feel like I could run a bit more each week to increase my endurance in preparation for the 15k in July. 

***

I was tagged by Molly and Alee for the Versatile Blogger award, and the rules are that I have to share 7 random things about myself.


1. I joined the track team in 7th grade and then in 8th grade started throwing shot put in order to avoid running.  I didn't avoid running for long because my coach put me into Pentathlon which involved a lot more running and training!
2. One of my favorite summer desserts is strawberry shortcake!  I found this recipe and want to try it!
3. I don't really wear jewelry, but I know I will wear an engagement ring and wedding band when I get married.  I didn't even get my ears pierced until a month before my senior prom in high school.
4. All the members of my family have a first name that starts with the letter 'J'.
5. I grew up, went to high school, went to college and now work all within the same city!
6.  I first met Brian when we were both in our second year of college.  I didn't really like him because he talked a lot but we were both in the same degree program (a five year program) so we would work on homework together.  Some where along the line, I started to like him and we have been dating since the 4th year of college. 
7. If I could have any other job besides the one I have now, I would be a photographer. 

If you haven't participated in this yet, consider yourself tagged!

***

Today is National Running Day!! 



I jogged a quick 5k this morning and felt great!  Are you running today?

Have a great Wednesday!

18 comments:

Molly said...

That's so funny that you thought Brian "talked alot"

I'm going to run tonight when it gets cooler, the one plus about running in this heat is that it's good training for summer racing!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I also am not a big jewelry wearer. I got my ears pieced when I was in 3rd grade but really didn't consistently wear earrings until this past fall! Aside from basic earrings, the only jewelry I plan to consistently wear is an engagement ring/wedding band.

I am looking forward to doing my run tonight at my running store. I am a tish nervous that there won't be anyone in my pace range, but oh well! Maybe this will push me to be a bit more speedy!

Laura said...

I did a run to support the Canadian content for the race.
Great list!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Love the list! That is a funny story about Brian!

Aron said...

great job on may!!! love your list too :)

Anonymous said...

good milage! yay for National Running Day!

and when i first met the bf, i didnt really like he bc he talked a lot also. hahha

Marlene said...

Great job for May and Happy NRD!

Jess said...

Those are great totals for May! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

woot for a pr in may! great mileage too, i think youre in a great place for the 15k

i think it's cool that all the members of your family have j names. similar to mine with the k except my mom is a misfit haha

Felice Devine said...

Happy NRD! I ran this morning :-)

Nice month of May!

Suzy said...

Mmmm, strawberry shortcake!! Always a favorite. Happy NRD.

Nicole said...

awwww! i love att the facts! great running & happy NRD

Chelsea said...

Happy NRD yesterday and good luck at your corporate challenge race today.

Anonymous said...

Strawberry Shortcake- YUM!!!

Meghan said...

I ran as well!

Your dedication to running makes me so happy - I love to read about the experiences of other runners. I have another half-marathon coming up in August and I think your blog will keep me on my toes1

Anonymous said...

good work on your may mileage. U think it'll continue to rise?

Lisa said...

yum! strawberry shortcake is one of the best desserts for summer! I'll have to cehck out the recipe!

I didn't get to run yesterday, but I volunteered for a National Running Day event! That counts, right?

MCM Mama said...

I love jewelry - in theory. I have a lot, but usually only have my earrings in and my wedding band on. I have an engagement ring, but nearly always forget to wear it.

Good job getting the run in.