Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nathan Hydration Pack Review

A few of you asked about my hydration pack so I thought I would do a review. The pack that I have can be found here on the Nathan website.

I have included some pictures of the inside of the pack as well as the water container. The pack is very easy to use and you can adjust the straps to fit your body comfortably. Since I was using it for the first time on my 9 mile long run, I filled up the water to just 30 fl ounces and then did some test jogs around my kitchen to see how it worked. The pack stayed in place very well and I really didn't notice that I had it on. All I could hear was the water sloshing around in the pack.

Inside the pack

Hydration Pack

For more info, check out the video below where I give a visual demonstration of how to use the pack and go through all the specifics. (I hope the video works - I have never posted one before so let me know if there are problems!)




On the running front, after my 9 miles Saturday my legs were sore, especially the inside of my legs. I took off Sunday and got back out Monday morning for 4.2 miles. This morning (Tuesday) I got in a hill workout before work and may be heading out for a second run as I was invited to join a local running club tonight at their workout!

Happy Tuesday!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! I don't have a hydration pack.. I think if I were to train for a marathon or something I would consider investing in one though - they seem great!

No Longer Using said...

cool! the video worked for me!!

awesome you will be going to a running club meet up!! have fun!!! and great job getting in a hill workout in the AM!

Marlene said...

I love my Nathan Hydration Pack!

To avoid the sound of water sloshing, turn it upside down (once sealed!) and suck the air through the tube until you get water. That will remove all the air from the bag and voila, no sloshing!

Anonymous said...

Marlene beat me to the tip!!! I love having a pack as I HATE handhelds!!! You're too cute on the video!!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Thanks for the review! i have only used a belt and I feel so-so about it. It carries 20 oz which isn't really enough when i start doing my really long runs... Good to know that it doesn't bounce around alot!

Anonymous said...

LOL- I planning to do a review on mine too! I'll have to refer readers to your great video! Very nice review.

Nicole said...

Video worked for me! :) awesome review!!! sounds like your a running machine lately! great job girl!

Amy said...

Funny! I was just looking at these in my running store today and was going to ask more about how yours worked out after your last post! Thanks for the review and video!

Anonymous said...

You definitely got me wanting to try this. I hate belts around my waist, too. Plus the pack holds way more water than a fuel belt could ever dream about!

Haha, the bladder looks a bit like an IV bag but I guess they're effectively doing the same thing ;)

Molly said...

hope you had fun running with the new group! Great review of the pack, loved the video, my 3 year old watched it with me!

Christine said...

awesome review - Thanks!!! I might wanna get one :)

Glenn Jones said...

I have one of these packs and I *love* it. Some people think the resevoir is little funky, but the best thing about it (compared to a Camelbak) is it's easy to clean. So - if you decide you want to fill it with Gatorade when you're done, you can always wash it pretty easily.

For what it's worth, I see more of these in my trail running group than any other pack.