Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Recap

Average Temp: 79F/26C - the average temp does not reflect the massive heat wave of 90+ degree temps we have had this past July!

Miles run: 126.3 mi - 5th month in a row of 100+ miles

Rest days taken: 10 - pretty standard for me since I usually run 5 days a week.

Highest mileage week: 35 miles (7/18-7/24)

Average pace: 8:19 min/mile

Races: No race July

Current Obsessions: Looking at other people's wedding photography!  Have you seen Page's post about her gorgeous wedding???  I just cannot get enough!


Current Blessings: Brian.  He is single-handedly keeping me sane while everything starts to get crazy as we get closer and closer to the wedding!

Current Excitement: Bridal shower and bachelorette party for me THIS weekend!  Woohooo!

Current Read: The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card.  Let me start by saying that I love Orson Scott Card.  We had to read Ender's Game in high school and I just started to reading more and more by him.  So when I saw he had a new book out at the Library I scooped it up.  And once again he did not disappoint.  This book is slightly similar in context to the movie Jumper.



Current Guilty Pleasure: Jelly Belly jelly beans. Seriously, my sugar intake needs to come way down.

I cannot believe it is AUGUST!

16 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is exciting that you have your shower & bach party this weekend. How fun. Your wedding is fast approaching. :) How exciting!

I haven't read anything by that author - I will have check that author out!

Lisa said...

Great job on the mileage and pace; especially during such a brutally hot month! Have a great time this weekend, cherish every minute and live it up! You're only a bride once! ;)

Rebecca said...

YIKES!! - It's AUGUST already!?! I am surprised by that average temp... it has felt MUCH hotter than that. Awesome month, Joanna, esp. despite the heat.

Hope you can stay sane for another 39 days. :-) Ditto on the jelly beans... candy always helps me stay more sane, less crazy. Speaking of which, I may just have to grab some bin candy for Saturday night, haha!! I mean, Wegmans will be right there....

Fran said...

I think you did great on your July goals.

We haven't had a single day last month that was above 20C. July has been too cold for the time of year. But I'm glad the first day of August starts with sunshine. Can't wait to leave work and go home and take my dog for a walk.

Molly said...

Enjoy your parties this weekend! Your wedding came up so fast!

Suzy said...

Ooh, I din't know he had a new book out. I may have to go to the library this week! Great month for you.

Unknown said...

I am SOO with you on the looking at other people's wedding pictures as a current obsession! I have a post on deck for my blog about that topic!

Amy said...

Wow! Your wedding is coming up. I'm sure Brian and running are helping you to keep your cool. Maybe a poor choice of words with the heat! Have fun at your parties!!

Nicole said...

ahhhhh wedding squeal and dance!!!

Kim said...

I was going to say, those temps seem off! :)

WTG on the high mileage months! That is awesome!!!

Marlene said...

Eeeee, you are getting married NEXT MONTH!

Felice Devine said...

Great month!

I have cut my jelly beans out completely. I realized -- somewhat belatedly -- that if you don't buy them, you can't eat them. Huh! I still crave them big time, though, so good luck with that!!

Taffi said...

Just 'discovered' your blog, and geez what a post to run into! All those miles and a wedding coming... amazing! I look forward to reading future posts.
Have the most magical of special days, be sure to take time to savour it (the day will go by so fast).
Cheers, A.

kaydi327 said...

Wow, you had an excellent month! SO exciting that your shower and bachelorette are this weekend. Yay!

-Katie @ Legally Fit

Unknown said...

great month, your average pace is awesome, spesh in the heat!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such a great running month! And I can't wait to hear about all your bridal/bachelorette festivities!! You are going to have a blast. Enjoy every moment!! :)