Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wedding Questions Answered

Thanks to everyone who asked a question...I am going to start with answering some of the questions about the wedding.


Amber asked -
How did you and Brian meet?
Brian and I met in our second year of college.  It was the first week of school and we had a class together.  I saw him sitting outside our professors office and I went up to him and asked for help on the homework.  From then on we spent a lot of time together doing homework and just hanging out but sadly we were both seeing other people at the time.  Through the next few years we stayed in touch but didn't really hang out as much.  Then in our fourth year we had class together again.  I was going through a messy breakup and he was there for me.  Soon after we started dating and have been together for 3 and 1/2 years.

Elizabeth asked -
What's been your favorite part about planning a wedding?
I love the details - picking out the perfect invitations, designing the guest book, planning the candy buffet!  There is just so many little things that go into a wedding and I love how everything is finally coming together!  I promise to do posts soon to show you what I have done!

Suzy asked -
What are you looking forward to most about your wedding?
I am looking forward to the cake! I can't wait to have a huge piece - it is going to be delicious! I am also looking forward to walking down the aisle and seeing Brian - I have been keeping my dress a total secret from him and I can't wait for him to see it!

Marlene asked -
Will you go for a run on your wedding day?
That is a tough one - right now the schedule is pretty tight and I would rather not get up before dawn to get a run in but I may depending on how stressed I feel.  What do you think? Should I get up and run the day of my wedding??

13 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I would skip the wedding morning run ... wedding days can be long and tiring... I would attemp to get as much sleep the night before the wedding!

Marlene said...

I just think it would be kind of neat to say 'I ran on my wedding day.' I'd say do it only if it is not going to cause stress. Don't set your alarm extra early... maybe you will wake up naturally early and feel the urge!

kaydi327 said...

I hated planning the little details of the wedding- it really stressed me out! The fact that you love it just means that your wedding is going to be so beautiful and totally you!

I think you should go for a run! My husband is huge into crossfit and coordinated a workout session with the local crossfit affiliate- he made all of the groomsmen partake in a crossfit workout the morning of our wedding! Two of the guys threw up. It makes for a really funny story now!

-Katie @ Legally Fit

Elizabeth said...

I did not run on my wedding day. I thought about it, but I wanted to conserve energy for the long day ahead of me. I decided to spend the morning just relaxing in my hotel bed alone and reflecting on my last moments as an unmarried woman. But the choice is yours. Running can also be a huge de-stressor and energize you if you don't go to hard.

Rebecca said...

I'd say run if you want to and if you feel like it. Sometimes running actually energizes me... and since I know it *can* help you (specifically) clear your head, I say go with what Marlene says; if it feels right when the day comes, do it!

UM, did I read CANDY BUFFET!?!? I was already excited, but now I am even more so.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

If you can't sleep and you're up early--go for a run! Otherwise, I agree with others--you'll have enough to do that day!
:)

Anonymous said...

My friend did a tri the morning he go married. But he is a dude! Haha. I think if it works for you, do it. But if not, don't.

Keri said...

YESSSSSSSS def run on your wedding day! That is an absolute MUST for me on my big day next year. A run with my dad!

Amber said...

I'm 99% positive I'm going to run the morning of my wedding... Even if it's a little 2 or 3 miler. Getting in a workout first thing in the morning makes me feel really good about myself for the whole day and it also helps me feel more confident and "fit" if that makes sense. Those are things I definitely want to be feeling on my wedding day :)

Page said...

Running help me feel more relaxed and energized for the day, so I went for a solid 5 mi. little hill climb the morning of. However, all of my appointments were at one place so it helped a lot with the schedule. Good luck!

Nicole said...

I will go for a run even if i have to wake up at 5am!!! :) A have ran Nicole is much happier than a haven't ran Nicole ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. Marlene's question was a good one. I really really wanted to go on a run on my wedding day, but I'll tell you what...when the day came it was honestly the ONLY day leading up to the big day that allowed me a bit of extra sleep. I'm really glad I opted to sleep in as we danced until midnight that night. I'm curious to hear what you decide! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I think the running on your wedding day is a tough one to answer. It depends on how early things get going. if it means getting up at like 5 am, I would say no because it's going to be quite a long day. If you can get up at like 6 or 7 and still get showered in time for everything, then i say go for it!