Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Recap

Average Temp: 79F/26C

Miles run: 131.9 miles - Wow that is a lot! My second highest mileage month ever.  Only 70 miles to go until I reach 1000 miles for the year!
 
Rest days taken: 9 days.

Highest mileage week: 8/8 - 8/14 with 35.4 miles

Average pace: 8:11 min/mile

Races: Only one - I ran in one of the running clubs XC races.  Nothing special just a little tune up!

Current Obsessions:
The weather.  Between the race and the wedding, I have been checking the 10 day forecast non stop!

Current Blessings: My friends - their support and understanding has helped me to get through the last month of stressful planning!

Current Excitement: THE WEDDING!!  Less than 10 days!  Oh yeah and the 15k race I am running on September  5th!

Current Read: NOTHING!  Please help! I need a good book to take on the honeymoon for our flight! Any suggestions!??

Current Guilty Pleasure: The Real Housewives of New Jersey! Every time I turn on the TV this show seems to be on and I get sucked it!

What's a post with a picture - so just for fun - here's a picture of some shoes I was eying at the a store last week.  Hate to say it but I have been staying away from the high heels :(



How was your August!  Cannot believe it is SEPTEMBER!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wedding wedding wedding! yay!

great month. jealous of your average temp! i don't think it was that cool in RI on avg.

Anonymous said...

Holy mileage!! Woweee girly -- that is A LOT of running along with planning a wedding. You inspire me like a lot!! :)

Unknown said...

How funny, I am 70 something miles away from 1,000 this year too!

All of those shoes are to die for! That must've taken some serious self control.

Christine said...

Amazing mileage! I did 131 miles this month as well, but I'm training for a marathon. You did it while planning a wedding - You rock!!

Nicole said...

nice month girl! i LOVE all those heals.. SO CUTE!