Monday, August 22, 2011

What a weekend!

Good morning!

I needed to come back to work just to get a break from the full weekend I had!  My work place does "summer hours" from July 4th to Labor day so we work Mon-Thurs, 10 hour days.  It is tough but so worth it to have Fridays off - especially when planning a wedding!

 Friday, I had my hair and makeup trail along with my final dress fitting!  I usually never wear make up so it was a change to have all this make up on my face but the girl did a great job and it looked pretty natural.  I still fit in my dress (YAY!) and everything is good to go for the big day!


Saturday, I woke up at 5:30am to meet up with the running group for one of my last hard long runs before the 15k.  My running buddy and I did a super hard workout in the humid morning which took alot of out me, but I still have a jam packed day ahead.

10 miles w/ 6 miles at HMP (~7:35) or faster - turns out we ran faster (~7:26 pace)

Then I went shopping for a few last minute supplies before working on my wedding projects.  I am keeping all my projects a secret until after the big day but I can say that everything is coming out better than I expected! I am so excited.  Anyway - I don't even want to know what the check out guy at the grocery store thought I was doing because I had such a jumble of random items!

Any guesses on what my wedding projects are???  I have hinted to them before...
I am still feeling quite overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that I have to get done in just 2 and 1/2 short weeks but I know it will all get done!

Sunday, I barely got to sleep in as I had another bridal shower - for my cousin who is getting married in October!!  It was a fabulous event with great food and great people.  I especially loved the centerpieces and I am even thinking about using the idea at my wedding!

So simple and beautiful!

Overall it was a whirlwind weekend of running and wedding stuff.  Only 14 more days until the race and 19 until the big day!  How was your weekend?  I can't wait for next weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your make-up looks so pretty!! I can't believe the big day will be here so soon!! :) I know exactly how you feel about keeping the wedding stuff a surprise on the blog. You will just have remember to come back and let us in on all the secrets after the fact! I feel like I'm still doing that...almost a month later.

misszippy said...

You look great and will be stunning on the big day! What a whirlwind you have going on!

Marlene said...

I remember those pre-wedding weekends - busy busy busy!

Your hair & makeup look great! Can't wait to see it all together.

Molly said...

I have no clue what your project could be! Your makeup looks lovely : )

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Your makeup and hair looks beautiful--can't wait to see how it looks on the big day! Those are some strange items--no idea about the project!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Nice work on the run - you are so speedy!!

I had a wonderful weekend. I had dinner w/ my aunt & uncle on Fri and then Sat night I went to the National Gymnastic Competition. Our seats were so good, a couple of people texted to say they saw me on tv!!

Kim said...

Ooo! I cannot wait to see the entire wedding look! Just the preview of you is so beautiful!

Nicole said...

Nice job on the run speedy bride! love the hair and makeup- so gorgy!