Thursday, August 18, 2011

I know it's late August

This morning I headed out for my usual Thursday tempo run and it was dark.  Like pitch black dark, can't see your hand in front of your face dark.

Thank goodness for the tiny half moon that was shining, otherwise it would have been a really long dark run.  The only thing I really worry about during these dark runs is falling and/or stepping in a whole and twisting my ankle. Although I have had my fair share of falls, thankfully I haven't fallen recently.

As I was running my warm up mile, I noticed that I could once again see Orion's belt in the dark sky. 


This is always a sign to me that we are officially entering the end of summer :(  The mornings are getting cooler and the days are getting shorter.  It always seems like summer goes by to fast.

Morning workout -
2x2 mile at threshold (~7:10 pace)

My legs did not want to go this morning - holding a 7:19 pace for the first 2 miles was tough and then a 7:16 for the second set was even harder.  This kind of makes me worry about the 15k coming up because I wanted to hold my tempo/threshold pace for that race. We will see - there is till 18 days before the race.

In other news -  I have my wedding hair and make up trail tomorrow and then my final dress fitting.  I am very excited about this.  I have a hair style picked out and I can't wait to see how it looks with my dress and make up and jewelry! 



Married ladies - how did you decide on your wedding day look?? 

Thank goodness it is THURSDAY!! Have a great one!

14 comments:

Fran said...

Love that hairstyle.

Since last week I've been noticing too that it's dark when I leave the house for my run but I have also seen beautiful sunrises during those runs. It won't be long however till I leave completely in the dark and return in the dark, not really looking forward to that.

Marlene said...

Can't wait to see you all done up for your wedding!! I scoured the net and magazines for ideas and eventually handed them off to my hair stylist and makeup artist to decide what would work best for me.

Great job on the tempo - it's hard to move fast in the dark, especially so early. Don't sweat it!

Anonymous said...

Great run!

Love the hair style!

I actually chose to wear mine half-way up since it was how I usually wore my hair. I decided that I wanted to look like "me" and I had been growing it out for months so wanted it down! :)

Elizabeth said...

The mornings here are not getting any cooler! So you have no light at all when you run? No street lamps? My wedding hairstyle turned out to be not at all what I wanted, and I even had a trial of it done with the stylist. Here's a photo: http://racing-stripes.blogspot.com/2010/08/running-themed-wedding-sort-of.html

Anonymous said...

That hairstyle is gorgeous!! It's the most amazing feeling when you put it all together!! I think you just have to try it all on and you will know if it's right. But trust me...come your wedding day it will be perfect!

Nicole said...

Ahhh i LOVE LOVE the hair! Its beautiful and will be perfect for your weddin day! you are going to look so beautiful! :)

I'm SO sad summer is coming to an end but i cant WAIT for Fall and all of the activities! :)

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Believe it or not, on my wedding day I did my own hair (very simple) since it was such a small and casual wedding. I can't wait to see what you pick!
:)

Molly said...

It's getting darker earlier too, grrrrr.

How many weeks until the wedding? It's September, correct?

I had an idea in mind for my wedding, I wanted my hair up because I knew I would be dancing, and didn't want to have to deal with it.

So excited for you!

Chelsea said...

I didn't have anything specific in mind when I got my hair done for my wedding. All I knew is I wanted it up so I didn't have to worry about it collapsing. The woman who styled it put tons of curls in and made it look like I had a ton of hair (it's actually pretty thin).

No Longer Using said...

J! I wanted to stop by and say Hi!! :) I've been catching up and you have been busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That wedding hairstyle is GORGEOUS- is that the one you picked for yourself?? I can't wait to see photos from the real deal :)

i just wanted to say WAY TO GO for several things- your running of course, managing wedding stress, and how positive you are about so many things, all through the ups and downs.
:)

happy friday!!!

No Longer Using said...

btw "no longer using"= Lacey

Being Robinson said...

i can't believe you can actually see stars in the morning! lucky! i'm jealous. that hairstyle is beautiful, can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Mon Amour said...

That picture of the sky is so beautiful! I would love to go running with the sky like that!

Christine said...

I can't believe summer is almost over. I do look forward to the cooler temps in the fall, but it will get dark much sooner every day and that makes me sad :)