Friday, October 28, 2011

Hot and Addicting

So I can't take good pictures of food...yet.  I am working on it! So keep that in mind and just trust me when I say that this is the best and easiest recipe ever for a sweet potato (or even a regular potato).

I found this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs - Iowa Girl Eats - she always has great recipes that are easy and tasty! Plus she always takes photos of each step which I really need because I am totally a visual learner.


Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries  
(adapted from IGE Recipe)


Ingredients:
1 sweet potato (you could add in a russet potato too)
1 -2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs (or panko bread crumbs)
salt and pepper
garlic salt

Directions:
1.Wash potato and slice into 1/4 inch slices (the thinner = crispier) and soak in water for at least an hour to remove starch, the longer they soak the better.


2. Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towel.  Add slices to a bowl and add in olive oil and mix together.  Season with parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic salt.  I used my 1/4 cup measuring cup but I did not fill it all the way with the bread crumbs or cheese since I was only making one potato.  If you have more potatoes, add in more seasonings. Mix well to ensure that seasoning is coated well onto potato slices.  Place slices on non-stick baking sheet.


3. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, flipping half way through, until potatoes are golden brown and cooked all the way through.  Once removed from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes so you don't burn your mouth, then enjoy!

Super Easy.  I was slightly pressed for time so I made a few changes to this recipe - First I made these after work so I didn't have time to soak them for more than 30 minutes but they still came out.  Also I was baking a pork tenderloin at the same time so I set the oven to 400F degrees and baked them for 45 minutes.  This was an easy way to use potatoes and they tasted so good!

Tasty Tuesdays!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks soooo delicious!

Anonymous said...

Those sound so delish!! Thanks for sharing this, as this Idaho girl loves all potato recipes! :)

Marlene said...

I'm terrible at taking pics of food too! It's all good, we get the idea. :)

Those look GOOD and I love sweet potato. Definitely going to try!!

Laura said...

I love sweet potatoes and make them all the time...I never thought to soak them. Great idea!

Allison said...

These look great! I'll have to try this recipe soon since I currently have a bunch of sweet potatoes at home.

Anonymous said...

What a great recipe! I will try this!
(And don't worry about your pictures- I think they are just fine!)

RunToTheFinish said...

i'm learning out to take food photos too!!!

sweet potatoes fries are totally one of my favs!

James said...

That sounds good! I love sweet potatoes.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Looks so yummy!Great blog and lovely recipe! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)