Sunday, October 9, 2011

Real Double

Back in July and August, I talked about my fake doubles.  The times when I ran at night and then again the following morning.  After a very busy September, I finally had a free day to do whatever I wanted which included run twice. 

I love doing double workouts -  there is just something invigorating about working out twice in one day plus it helps strengthen your running, so its a win-win!

Fitting in doubles, especially for the second workout which for most people (including me) would happen after work.  When the end of the day rolls around, the last thing I want to do is workout.  The couch is always more inviting so I decided to try and fit in my double on a weekend.

My first run was at 8am - it was quiet and a cool 53F.  The sun was bright and the sky was blue.  Just a perfect fall day.



First Run -
3.55 miles/31:38/8:52 pace


After a little grocery shopping and football watching, I changed back into running clothes and set out again.  This time it was a hot 80F at 5pm but still clear and sunny!  I ran the same route as in the morning and was happy to see that my pace improved and my legs felt less lethargic and tired.



Second Run -
3.55 miles/30:06/8:29 pace


So which one is better - a real or fake double?  I think I am still on the fence.  For me a fake double is way easier to fit into my schedule, but mixing it up with a real double ever now and then is fun!

Happy Running!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your double! Sounds like fun, I should try that sometime! Keep up the awesome posts, I love reading them! :)

Kim said...

That is cool that your evening run was faster even though it was hotter! It's crazy how the weather has been lately!

Allison said...

Congrats on the double! I've done a number of "fake doubles" but never a real running one. If I manage to double up on the same day, it usually ends up being two different activities.

Marlene said...

Nice job on the double!!! As you know, they're a regular part of my routine. Great way to get the mileage in!

Christine said...

Yeah for doing a double. I LOVE the red leaves on the tree, super pretty!! What's your next race?