Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Busy Busy

Happy July!

It has been a busy week and its only Wednesday...thank goodness that I have Friday off for the 4th of July.

I have been slacking majorly on the blogs, but not on purpose. This whole working thing takes up a lot of my life, plus there is my running and after all the other necessities of life (sleep) that doesn't leave much time for reading blogs.

And things aren't going to get any better.

Next week I start summer hours at work, which in fact is a great thing because I will get Fridays off for the rest of the summer. I work 10 hour days, Monday through Thursday. I worked for this company before in college and have already experienced the summer hours thing and its nice but by Thursday night I will be exhausted! So I am sorry in advance if blogging takes a back seat but I will be reading and commenting as best I can.

I bought new shoes yesterday. Usually I just buy whatever shoes I can get for a good price. The pair I am currently wearing now that have been giving me problems were women's asics. The pair before that were men's asics! My shoes right now have about 190 miles on them and I have never had a pair of shoes go kapoot on me this early. So when I went to the store tonight I bought a pair of men's asics and now we will see what happens. Of course it could have been that the current pair of asics were just beat up from running outdoor track but I don't really think that is the case! I'll run in the new shoes tomorrow and see how my knees feel.

On a different note, I wanted to thank Brian (B-rabbit) for getting up before 5am this morning and going to the track with me for 400m repeats. He honestly is the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. I love that he cares so much and always wants to make sure I am safe while running!

If you are looking for a great giveaway head over to Chic Runner and enter to win some great stuff from Zensah! Hope everyone has a good rest of the week and a wonderful holiday weekend!

16 comments:

Aron said...

yah work can get in the way of blogging sometimes :) mine is coming up soon. have a great long weekend!! hope the mens shoes work better too :)

Julia said...

hmmm... I've never thought to buy men's shoes! They DO have some spiffy colors....
I feel ya on the job and not having too much free time, but yay for the upcoming three day weekend!
PS-your boyfriend is so sweet! That is dedication right there

Jeri said...

Hopefully the new shoes do the trick for ya lady!! :)

Nicole said...

I hope the new shoes help! I would LOVE working 10 hour days 4 days a week! However, come thursday I would probably fall asleep at 6 pm ha ha ha! :)

Great job with the 400s!

Jamie said...

working does tend to get in the way of life ;) you need to go get fitted for shoes at a running store girlie! but regardless I hope the new shoes work for ya.

Heather C said...

I did 10 hour work days last summer and, Yes it's exhausting for 4 days, but having 3 off is soooo nice!

I hope the new shoes work out!! That's funny - I would never think to try Men's shoes! Smart :)

Marlene said...

Fridays off! That's awesome, but those days are going to be long.

Good luck with your new shoes!

Anonymous said...

Fridays off are great; that is what my work week is like. :)

Sometimes, I am a rebel...and I blog at work.

No Longer Using said...

WOW 5am 400 repeats?! how do you wake your legs up for that?!?! pleeeease send some of that to me:) brian is an absolute angel for doing that with you!!!!! do you do them together, too? nice work!! and good luck with 10-hr days. i don't think i could do that, just so long. but nice to have 3 day weekends once you get used to it :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Life is BUSY!! Wait until you have kids... I remember the year I was looking for a job, buying a house, planning to move, planning my wedding and finishing my Masters degree...talk about BUSY!! Hang in there, you will find that all-important work/life/running balance. B-Rabbit sounds like a keeper..

FYI...fun Giveaway on my Blog today. Have a great weekend!

Glenn Jones said...

J - welcome to the working week!

Felice Devine said...

Um, yeah. Your boyfriend is great to get up with you and make sure you are safe. That is terrific!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I hope the new shoes are what you needed

Brian said...

I have been slacking too. The work/running/blog life balance isnt happening, thats why i stick to twitter during the busy times, hah.

Glad you like your contest prizes! :)

Glenn Jones said...

Thanks for the comment yesterday- but I think you have me confused with wome who *is* fast. (ha ha!) Have a great long weekend!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Yes, yes...work takes up a lot of time. Hope the new shoes work well! I love that feel of the first few weeks in great cushioning!