About a month ago I got this award from J.J. over at I'd Rather Be Laughing and so I thought better late than never to share this:
Rules are to link back to the presenter, share 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know that are true, and then pass it on and notify the people you pass the award on to!!
1. I love to cook and bake. I grew up learning from my mom and my aunt and I really enjoy being able to plan meals. My favorite dish would have to be mac and cheese with salsa which I learned from my college roommate!
2. I went to an all-girls Catholic high school. It was an experience and I loved it! One of the great things about it was that I got to learn the history of my own faith (Catholicism) as well as the history of every other major religion out there.
3. I went to elementary school, high school, college and now work all in the same city. I love to travel but I hope one day I will move from here and be able to live some place else.
4. I didn't get my ears pierced until a month before my high school senior prom. My mom wanted me to wear some sort of earrings and instead of going for clip ons (totally not cool), I got my ears pierced. I still don't wear much jewelry but I try to wear earrings everyday to work now. For graduation, Brian got me this necklace (the letter 'J' from Tiffany and Co!!) and I have been trying to wear it. I have just never been a jewelry girl - I like to keep it simple!
5. I am an only child. I always wanted a brother or a sister when I was young but now I just want to be an aunt. I want to have kids too just not yet. I am not even married. Ok so a few things missing but I want to have the responsibility of spoiling kids but not have my own yet!
6. I like to be organized. I carry around in my purse a bright lime green mini notebook thingie where I write down all my "to do" lists!
7. A few of you may remember my post a while back with pictures of my dog. The pets are all at my parents which include 2 cats and a dog. Sadly a week ago my dog, Kia had to be put to sleep because she had cancer and was getting worse. When she was younger we used to go running together and I miss seeing her perky face when I pull into the driveway at my house. To check out the pictures I posted of her in the winter go here.
8. I love love love to scrapbook (almost as much as I love to read!) I have my whole life pretty much done (except for the last year of college) and my next big project is going to be a scrapbook for my mom!
9. Each of my names (first, middle and last) is exactly six letters each. Like 6 - 6 - 6....kinda of interesting if you're into numbers!
10. And finally, three days after I graduated from high school I had my appendix removed. Not that i really miss it or anything!
Passing along to:
Mel - Tall Mom on the Run
Wow ten things is a lot! Hope you enjoyed reading - I enjoyed writing!! Happy Tuesday!!