Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Twitchy Eye

Yesterday at about 11am I was sitting at my desk after conversing with one of the only girls that I work with when my eye started twitching. This was no ordinary twitch, my eye ball was moving - ok, well I am exaggerating but that's what it felt like.

The lower lid of my right eye continued to twitch throughout the rest of the day and into the night. Lovely - I could barely concentrate on the rest of work.

After sending numerous emails to Brian complaining about how swimming is horrible and I hate it because it made my eye twitch, he said that it was probably a result of the goggles I wear.

Seriously!! So of course we trekked over to Dick's Sporting Goods after work to look for new ones but I couldn't make a decision! The pink ones or the blue ones??

I went to bed hoping that I would wake up without my twitchy eye. I was hoping that some rest would help me but I had one crazy night.

I got up three times - 12:45am, 3:00am and 3:50am thinking that it was actually the time to get up and I had heard my alarm. Each time I would go into the bathroom, start getting ready and then wonder what time it was and if I had actually heard my alarm. I even put in my contacts once!

When my actual alarm finally went off at 4:30am, I got up and got ready for swimming. My eye seemed ok but felt a bit swollen almost. Well, not 10 minutes into the ride to the pool my eye decided it was finally awake and started twitching away!

Brian thought that I should try a different pair of goggles this morning so as to not increase the twitching at work and therefore make me even less productive. I tried on a weird blue pair and slowly got into the water. I dunked my head under with these new goggles to test them out and I couldn't see. They just didn't work right and I felt cross-eyed which hurt my twitching eye even more!

So I resorted back to the old goggles for today and got my workout in. The twitch is still there in my lower lid area and it is totally annoying so we will have to see how today turns out!

Since I was feeling sorry for myself and my eye, I went to the cafeteria to get some coffee. Maybe my eye just needed some caffeine? Well I got there and they were all out of Raspberry Chocolate Truffle coffee so I had to settle for Heavenly Hazelnut coffee! This week is turning out to be a real doosey and the weekend can't come soon enough for me!

14 comments:

Marlene said...

That would dirve me CRAZY! Whatever is causing it, I hope it stops soon!

Amy said...

Yuck :( bad day :( I've had my eye twitch like that before, but it never lasted more than a day. I hope the new goggles work out for you! :)

Jen Feeny said...

Awww darling I'm sorry you're having a rough week and twitchy eyes are SO FRIGGING ANNOYING!!!! I hope it settles down soon!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

That sounds like a PAIN!! I hope they have your coffee tomorrow..

Hugs

No Longer Using said...

LOL!! maybe my eye just needed some caffeine,...hehhehe!!! oh wow rasp choc truffle coffee?! sounds delish! lately i've been enjoying toasted almond or coconut! but i don't have many flavor options :)

whenever my eye twitches it is because i am REALLY tired. like looking at the computer too long or just need sleep for a few days. could that be it?

Jeri said...

omg, I've had a weird twitch on my forehead for the last day. It's so weird and actually woke me up yesterday morning. I'll try the caffiene trick, since I don't think new goggles would help my situation. :p TWITCH BE GONE!

Glenn Jones said...

My kids had the same eye problem. Brian is right - go try a couple of differetn goggles. My kids always settled on the mirrored Tyr goggles - more comfortable and made for less eye strain when swimming in the sun....

Jamie said...

That would drive me nuts! I hope you figure out the problem soon!

RunToTheFinish said...

OHHH twitchy eye suuucks!! haven't had one in awhile knock on wood!

On your book question, I listen to an audio book during my long weekend runs and otherwise I just read every night..it helps me unwind!

Nicole said...

I would go totally crazy! I cant believe you tolerated it so well. I hope it gets better and the next 2 days zoom so you can rest!

I Run for Fun said...

Oh no! That's annoying. Hope your eye stops twitching soon!

Brian said...

I hate wakin up and thinkin the alarm went off. The moment of realization when you look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "what the hell am i doing" is my favorite part :)

teacherwoman said...

2 more days left of the week, hang in there girl!

BTW, I don't know if it's the goggles causing the twitching. I have dealt with my fair share of eye twitching and I have heard that it's the result of stress. Once, my right eye twitched for a couple weeks... it was soo annoying!

X-Country2 said...

Aww, poor thing. This weekend will be better. :o)