When did you know you had become a runner? Was there a defining moment, or was it a gradual progression over time?
There is one defining moment that sticks out in my mind when I definitely DID NOT call myself a runner.
It was about 10 years ago and I was a spunky 13 year old. I was going to try out for the JV soccer team and so my parents were
From that point on there were a few other signs, many of which I chose to ignore that pointed to me being a runner.
1. I started to enjoy the tortuous distance workouts my high school soccer coached dished out.
2. I signed up for a 15k race after my freshman year of college and was bitten by the running bug.
3. I became a "morning runner" and loved it.
4. I ran a half marathon with my best friend.
5. I went out for the college Track team.
There really is no set time when I started calling myself a runner. But for sure I know that I call myself a runner now.
Happy Thursday! Almost time for the weekend!