This weeks sponsor is Kitzzy and the topic is:
I find yoga to be an excellent companion to my running to avoid
injury, improve flexibility, and help relieve sore muscles after a
hard workout or race. Tell us about your experience with yoga as it
relates to running. If you have not tried it, why not? If you have,
did it help? How often do you feature yoga in your weekly workout
regime? What are your favorite yoga poses and routines? Pass on your
recommendations for your favorite yoga DVDs, instructors, podcasts,
online resources, etc.
Well I did yoga/pilates once in my life. About 4 years ago when I was working at an internship and they offered classes at the gym in the company. It was pretty sweet and I loved it.
But I don't really do yoga, I just haven't gotten into it yet. I do however stretch. I do at least 3 hamstring and hip stretches a day and in the last two weeks I can already see a difference. I think doing yoga or stretching helps flexibility and that in turn prevents injury so it is all good! So go get your stretch or yoga on!
And now in list form, here are my random Thursday thoughts!
- The lady next door to me has two cats. Every morning they sit in her bedroom window and watch me walk to my car. I love cats (and dogs). I also love animals that have great personalities!
- Finally reading a book again - How I love now by Meg Rosoff. I also recommend any books by Sarah Dessen. Anyone reading any good books?
- Does anyone else do this? I put hot chocolate mix in my coffee instead of milk. It adds a yummy chocolate taste!
- Next Friday is Brian's 23rd Birthday! I am making him a homemade fully decorated, in "Cake Boss" style, Red Velvet cake! I will of course post pictures!
- It is FALL!! And with fall comes all the great things like pumpkin spice lattes, apple pies, and warm sweaters!! What do you love best about fall?