Monday, April 12, 2010

I could get used to this!

I am on a "2 mile" rampage!

Friday, Saturday and this morning (Monday) I cranked out 2 miles.  Friday I was able to get outside but Saturday and this morning, the weather just wasn't right so I hit the treadmill.  I used the elliptical to warm up for about 15 minutes then pounded out those quick miles!  This morning it was just enough to help loosen up my legs from my long run yesterday.

Sunday I couldn't resist the sun and I headed out for a long run.  I wasn't exactly sure of the distance but I had a route planned so I just went with it.  My legs wanted to run and I had a hard time pulling them back to a slower pace.  The wind was cold but the sun was hot so I felt overdressed and under dressed at the same time!

5.2 miles in 41:40 (8:00 min/mile pace)

This weekend was very relaxing.  I was able to work on my crochet afghan and I am about 3/4 done!  I was also able to fit in sometime to read some new books I picked up from the library!

Brian and I were also able to try some new restaurants in the area!  Friday we went to a local Irish Pub and had a great meal then Saturday we tried a local Wood Fired Pizzaria!  It is great finding new places to eat that have good food!


Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!!  Happy Monday!!

 ** check out this great giveaway by The Happy Runner!

23 comments:

Lisa said...

Your run yesterday sounds great! I love that you couldn't keep your legs from running!

My husband and I love trying out new restaurants, too. Sounds like you found some good ones!

Marlene said...

Nice job on all the runs! Sounds like some yummy eats too. :)

Anonymous said...

I love trying out new restaurants! And yeah for a bunch of great runs!

No Longer Using said...

we are workout twins!!! i've been doing the two-mile rampage, and got a longer run (5 and 6) in this weekend as well!!!! ahh it's just so enjoyable. and the weather!

elliot and i also found a new restaurant right in town!!! we had a $5 coupon- yay :) indian food, too, really great. i love doing stuff like that. you odn't have to go far to have a great time!!!! (oooh that applies to running and also restaurants!) hehe.

Anonymous said...

i feel like i never get to go out to my favorite old restaurants nevermind new ones! i'm jealous :)

Pining for Pinterest said...

Great job :) I love to find good places to eat too!!! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the running! I love when you set out with no particular distance in mind and you just run! It feels great : )

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a good weekend! It's fun to try new places to eat out!

Suzy said...

I was the same way this weekend - cool/hot/cool/hot depending on the wind. I love the 2 mile runs. Have a great week.

Molly said...

That pizza looks kill-er.

Emz said...

I'm with Lisa. Loved reading you had happy legs. ;)
love your blog & love the photo of the shoes!!

ajh said...

I'm always curious about what people are reading. Anything good?

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Well done on the run! That is an awesome pace. I did 3 miles after work tonight. It was fabulous to leave the office at 5 & still have time to get a run in and get home while the sun was still up. Fabulous. :)

Anne said...

Good job on the runs...and that pizza looks delicious, I love woodstove pizza!

Erika said...

Wow...most people commented on your shoes, but your pizza looks amazing!
I'm new to running, but thanks for the motivation!
Happy Tuesday!

The Laminator said...

Two mile rampage? Haha! I love that! Now just string a couple of them together and go on a four mile rampage...haha!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

speedy run!!! And man, that pizza looks delish!

Chelsea said...

Fun weekend! I love trying new restaurants, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great pace! Been following your blog for a while now. Love it.

I'm a newbie runner/blogger!

Keep up the good work!

Jamie said...

Yea for new restaurants! Love trying new places :) And nice work on the 2 mile rampage!

Nicole said...

Fabulous run!!! THe food sounds fantastic too!! I'm so sorry ive been a commenting slacker.. i promise to get caught up on your blog ASAP! I hope you still love me! :)

RunToTheFinish said...

i am soooo craving pizza, wish you hadn't posted that :)

Can't wait til I have runs with an 8 min average!!

Also fun giveaway going if you haven't had a chance to stop by http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2010/04/3-changes-challenge-prizes.html

Amy said...

Wow, if you run 5 miles at that pace, your 2 mile runs must be over in a flash! Way to go!