Thursday, April 22, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  Hi Everyone!  Sorry I have been absent from posting this week but work kind of just got super busy all of sudden and well, my blogging kind of got pushed to the last thing on my To Do list.  Tuesday I ran 400m intervals outdoors and tried to hit a 1:35-1:37 pace but the weather was a tad bit chilly and so I had some trouble.  Wednesday morning I went for an adventure run and just ran around on some streets that I had never run on before!

2.  Yesterday my best friend, Kaylie got engaged!!  I was so excited when I found out and could not be more happy for them!!  He proposed at a nearby park in a field of wildflowers after they had been riding a tandem bike!  They are so cute!


3.  I mentioned a while back that I had actually signed up for a race and that race happens to be this weekend!  Sunday I am running the Better Life 5k to benefit The Diabetes and Nutrition Therapy Center for a local hospital.  It is being held at a local golf course with the race right on the course.  This is an important race to me because my Dad has had type 1 diabetes since he was 5 years old.  For almost 60 years my dad has lived with having to check his blood sugar and take insulin.  The technology has come a long way since he was first diagnosed and really has helped to make his life easier!

I can already tell I am getting nervous about the race because last night I had a scary dream about being at a race and not having my bib and chip.  It has been a long time since I have run a race.  I am just hoping that the weather turns from rain to sun for Sunday!

Happy "almost" weekend!!

22 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Congrats to your friends engagement! How cute!

Good luck this weekend with the 5K! Sounds like a great cause to run for!

Anonymous said...

good luck this weekend. hope the weather turns out amazing for you and you get to feel STRONG and FAST!

and holler to adventure runs. i'm not that adventurous/spontaneous so i'm jealous of yours :)

RunningLaur said...

Good luck at the race!!! You'll be great!

MCM Mama said...

Good luck on the race! I'm sure you'll rock it.

Nicole said...

awww! congrats to your friend on the engagement!! best of luck this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh, lady... I feel for you on the work business. Blogging is just way down on my priority chart!

Good luck this weekend :)

Anne said...

Good luck this weekend! You'll do an awesome job I'm sure :)

ajh said...

Good luck and have fun at your race.

Glenn Jones said...

Thanks for the well wishes and mojo. Things are starting to click again....

Good luck this weekend! But most important - have fun!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm in for rain during a race on Sunday too. *fingers crossed* for both of us! either way, hope you have fun!!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Good luck and have a great time!!

No Longer Using said...

hooray, almost the weekend :) good luck in your 5k!!!!!!!!!!!! i also get nervous ahead of time :) remember you are ready!!! and the excitement will power you through, too.

oh goodness, a tandem bike. i always wonder how people don't wipe out when they ride those :)

Anonymous said...

I love tandem bikes!!!!

Molly said...

I hate running nightmares!!! Have a great race on Sunday!

Marlene said...

I hear you on work being BUSY!

Congrats to Kaylie! What a cute pic on the bike.

Good luck at your race!!!

Chelsea said...

Good luck at your race, and way to go to your dad. I'm involved in research on type-1 diabetes, and I know that living with T1D and staying healthy for that long is really really really tough. Kudos to him.

Aron said...

good luck at your race!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your friend! Good luck on the race! Don't be nervous : )

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

What an awesome proposal. Sounds like a cool couple! I mean, hello, they rode a tandem bike together - that is awesome!!!

Good luck on the 5k! I am sure you will rock it!

Amy said...

Good luck at your race!

X-Country2 said...

GOod luck this weekend!

Jamie said...

Good luck on Sunday!!!