In the case (which is my case) that neither your house nor your car have air conditioning, here are a few (interesting) things I have learned to help stay cool -
- After a morning run, when cooling down is really not going to happen, opt for an extremely cold shower. This will not be easy, but it will be worth it when you don't start sweating again immediately after exiting the bathroom.
- Try to avoid drinking hot coffee at work as this will just make you hot once again!
- When leaving work, make a mad dash to your car and proceed to roll down all the windows and then zoom out of the parking lot to increase air flow into steaming hot car.
- Once you reach home, proceed to change out of sweat drenched work clothes and into something else that you are ok with becoming sweat drenched.
- Place a chair outside in a shaded area, optimally near a electrical outlet. Place a high powered fan in front of chair, plug into outlet and turn it on. Sit there and let the air blow over you.
So I am exaggerating with a few things on the list, but not having AC in the car is killing me. I have been driving the same car since I was 16 and the AC conked out about 3 years ago. Plus trying to cool down from the mornings runs has been hard when I am trying to get to work on time. I have been taking it easy this week with running as the Boilermaker is just 4 short days away!!
Hope everyone is staying cool! Happy Wednesday!