Sunday, February 20, 2011

Half Marathon - Week 2

Monday - Easy
3.52 miles with 4x100m strides/31:39/9:00 pace

Early morning run with temps in the 40s!  But it was pretty windy.

Tuesday - Interval
5.5miles/44:20/8:04 pace

Workout:
Mile repeats

Wednesday - Recovery
3.3miles/30:05/9:07 pace

When I woke up, my legs felt tired and achy but by the time I got out after work for this run, I felt good.  The weather was awesome about 50F and I took a longer loop to make 2.9 miles and hit up the gym.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then ran 0.4 miles back home! These recovery runs are amazing!  Running slower after my tough workouts is really making my legs feel rested even with the higher mileage!

Thursday - Tempo
5.58miles/43:11/7:45 pace

Workout:
1 mile easy
1 mile half marathon pace
1 mile easy
5 mins recovery
1 mile half marathon pace
1 mile easy

50F temps in February!! I headed out after work for this tempo run.  Running in short sleeves and capris was amazing and I couldn't hold myself back.  I just let go and ran my planned route as fast as I could.  Splits - 8:24, 7:47, 7:58, 4:28, 7:19, 7:11

After I finished the workout, I showered and ate in record time and headed to my orthopedic massage.  Along with working on my legs, I also received some stretches to do so that I can hopefully keep my hips in line and my hamstrings and quads more flexible.

Friday - Off

Saturday - Long
9 miles/1:24:31/9:24 pace

I decided to meet up with the local running club at 6:30am!!  It was snowing and windy but I bundled up and went.  It was so much fun to have people to run with even though it was cold.  The miles flew by and before I knew it we were back at the cars!  My plan called for 8 miles but we did 9 instead.  Afterward we all went and warmed up at a local coffee shop!  Everyone was so nice and I really enjoyed meeting a bunch of new people!

Sunday - Off


Total week 2 mileage: 26.9 mi

13 comments:

Amber said...

Great week of running for you! I LOVVEEE my weekend runs with my local run group :)

Nicole said...

What a great week of running! Your a rockstar baby!! <3

RoseRunner said...

what an accurately named blog!

I have major hip issues, which is to say I always injure them because I am a lazy stretcher. Can you share some good stretches?

And nice runs, especially that fast tempo!

Christine said...

Great training week!! Keep up the good work :)

Unknown said...

Great work! The running group sounds fun.. I will go to one one day hehe Everytime I read someone's post about a running group I think I should try tht!

Anonymous said...

Nice running! I love meeting new running buddies and groups - makes running even more fun :)

Marlene said...

Awesome job this week! That nice weather gave me such a boost. I'm ready for spring!

Amy said...

Great job running this week! You are going to rock that half!

Anonymous said...

training is looking good! yay!

The Laminator said...

That's great training J! Looking good...looking good =)

Kate said...

Great week of running!

Felice Devine said...

Nice week! Those are some great paces. It's always so good to run with others.

Kim said...

Great week! How are you liking the 4 days in a row? Liking it because of the recovery runs, like you mentioned?

What moves did you learn for your hammies and quads?

I don't think I've heard much about your running club - how long have you been a member?

I love long runs with my running club! :)