Sunday, August 24, 2008

10 Miler

Winkly and I ran 10 miles this morning!! The longest distance i have ever run (and the longest she has ever run too!). We ran it on the canal which was fun - they should really pave that whole thing! My knees felt decent, they were tight in the beginning but loosened up and then at mile 8 my hips and knees were like "hey 8 miles we are ready to stop!" but we kept going. I could tell that Winkly was not feeling the last two miles but she pushed through to the end. Next week is an 11 Miler, then the following week is a 12 Miler then the half marathon. I think we will be ready and I am excited because we are going this week (hopefully) to pick out matching outfits!! Now i need to stretch and ice and drink lots of water!!

Last night I finished a great book - Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. It was a very quick read but it was engaging and sweet; now I am onto The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I am on a roll with reading plus I am busy trying to pack and organize and also finish up all the little projects i started this summer.

Anyway, I know there is more I want to say but I have a ton of stuff to do today and I am already pretty tired! Tomorrow will most likely be a rest day. Other than that I don't know what my training will consist of this week.

No comments: