Saturday, August 2, 2008

Eye Candy

I took the quiz posted by Frayed Laces to see "Which type of Running Eye Candy Partner is right for you!" I answered very honestly and ended up with....Lance Armstrong! This is the type of guys I like according to my answers - "Chances are you like a man with a very large......heart of course! You are such a go-getter that you need a man who excels in multiple sports. Just be careful--I hear he is known to skip town for French trysts."
Very Nice!

This morning I woke up and went for a nice slow run in the rain! It was peaceful but it seemed like everyone was out running or biking. I passed the local running club that meets at a neighbors house. I would love to get involved with a running club, maybe next summer. I have been trying to get a balanced eating plan together, making sure i get enough salt to help absorb the water i am drinking.

I am concerned though, I wonder if I am over-doing it. I didn't run Friday because of the pain in knees and slight soreness in my quads. I haven't increased my mileage drastically or anything or pushed my body. I have been running more this year than last year. I looked back at my running log yesterday and compared. For July 2007, i took 11 days off, for July 2008, i did the same. I ran 68.96 miles while this year i ran 84.98 miles. For August 2007, i took off 10 days and ran 65.3 miles. We will see what this August is like. I am really enjoying the running but i am trying to listen to my body because i still have a lot of time before track starts and its a six month season where ill be pushing my body to be at its peak by the beginning of May 2009.

I have had a few people tell me that I will eventually get into marathoning. I'm not sure i will, I'm starting into the half marathon thing but with this knee thing I don't know if my body can handle it. Maybe i need to get into cross-training more. Its so much easier to XT when I am at school because the pool is right there and the big gym. I starting swimming this last spring because of B-rabbit and I really enjoy it. Its a totally different kind of exercise but I think it helps develop the whole body and lean muscle.

2 comments:

B-rabbit said...

Almost like this B-rabbit kid knew that swimming was good for you. I wonder where he got that idea ;)

Frayed Laces said...

Thanks for the shoutout! I had way too much time making that quiz, and am glad people had fun taking it!

As for your knee pain, have you looked into new/different shoes? Depending on where the pain is, it can indicate different things. Check out runners world injury tab, then "what hurts".

And for marathoning, I tried one with very little cross training (ended up horribly) and then successfully finished this one with a plan where I run 3 days/cross train 3 days. Made all the difference!