Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ordinary

This mornings run was uneventful - I worked on going at a modest pace the whole time instead of sprinting down the hill at the start from my house. Since I am going to a wedding this Friday, I get to run in a new place which should be fun. Other than that I am going to try to keep my runs to 3-4 miles per day so that I don't aggregative my knees. I think i will sign up for one more 5k before the half marathon to see where I am at in my conditioning levels. Last year at this time I was going to the track about 1-2 times a week to do speed workouts. Since I have more time before the track season, I think i wont get into those until it starts to cool down. One thing i wanted to mention now that i think of it is that last year there was this great meteor shower and my mom and I just happened to be at the track at 5am one morning and saw a few falling stars. That has to be one of my favorite running memories - seeing a falling star. Apparently there is another meteor shower this year from August 11th-13th, and apparently it happens every year in August : )

I am trying to come up with my six word running memoir, I haven't really had that much time to think about it. I guess its something to mull over on my run tomorrow morning.

No comments: