Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Take...Luck!

It always amazes me the thoughts I have while running in the morning. Its like stream of consciousness and everything just flows along jumping from one subject to the next. Today it was super foggy and dark out because of the overcast clouds and slight sprinkling. I like running like this because it makes me think "no one else is out in this weather, they all slept in. I am going to be better because I am running in the elements" or something like that. I wanted to push myself a little bit this morning and I did which felt great. Joanna: 1, Hill: 0. HA i got you hill, i beat you, I WIN!!

Anyway on to other stuff...I was trying to think of six words that described my running, at least for the summer months.
"The road never lets me down" - ok ok this is kind of depressing
"Morning runner - watching the world awake" - better but not my best. I guess ill have to keep working on this.

On to my weird thoughts while running. I was almost home when all of a sudden a thought popped into my head. It was a joke by Brian Regan, heres the script of the part that played in my head as i finished the last part of my run:

Do you ever start to say something and in the middle of what you’re saying you decide to say something else completely? There’s already words out there. These friends were leaving the other day and I started to say “Hey, take care,” and I decided to say “Good luck” instead like half way through, so it came out neither.

“See you later, Brian.”

“Take…luck! Take luck and care. Take care of the luck. Good luck taking care of the luck that you might have…if you have luck, take it, care for it. TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT WHEN YOU TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT…[continues to yell nonsense words – lots of ‘em].” You’re sure to see them again.

Obviously I am crazy! Only a few more days until the Olympics start - I have been waiting 4 years for this. Watching the athletes has always inspired me, since i was a little girl and watched Kerri Shrug vault on a broken foot. Seeing the VISA commercial of her for the Olympics still gave me goosebumps. I hope that in 2012 I can go to London and watch the Olympics in person and be inspired by the competition and spirit of the games.

No comments: