Sunday, March 6, 2011

Half Marathon - Week 4

Monday - Easy
3.25/29:25/9:04 pace

I woke up at 5am and heard the rain so I reset my alarm and went back to sleep for another hour.  After work I rushed home and changed my clothes and headed out in the sunshine for an easy run.

Tuesday - Tempo
7.85/1:02:31/7:58 pace

Ran outside with the running club and pushed myself farther than I thought I could.  2x2.5 miles at tempo pace is a LONG way to run!  But I made it and felt awesome!

Wednesday - Recovery or Off

I just was not feeling it in the morning after Tuesday's tough run and so I decided to take the day off because I knew I had another tough run coming on Thursday.  My mileage was already higher than last week so I didn't want to push it.

Thursday - Tempo
7 miles/58:40/8:23 pace

My 25th Birthday with an awesome treadmill tempo run before work!

Friday - Easy Off

My plan said to run easy today but I decided to take another day because my long run Saturday was going to be L-O-N-G!  I wanted to rest up my legs and not put any extra mileage on them.

Saturday - Long
12.92 miles/1:54:40/8:52 pace

Up at 5:30am to ran with the running group again.  This run was the special "Run around the Bay" that they do every year.  The original route was for 15 miles, but I ran a slightly shorter route which was just under 13 miles.  Forecast called for rain but thankfully it held off until after the run.

Sunday - Off

Total week 4 mileage: 31 mi

13 comments:

Nicole said...

What a great week for you! :)

Your going to rock this 1/2 marathon!

What is your goal time?? :)

Christine said...

Great running week and good job on listening to your body. Sometime we just need a day off. Keep up the good work!!

Suzy said...

Great week!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Nice work! Another great training week for you! It's good that you listened to your body and took that rest day.

You are going to rock this 1/2. :)

Kim said...

Awesome week and mileage! :) I am happy you were able to take rest days when you needed to. I sometimes struggle with that! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice running! Very strong :) and I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets up that early on a Saturday!! hehe.

Anonymous said...

excellent week. i think i need to follow you lead with days off / listening to your body because my workouts lately haven't been as great as yours. keep up the great work. i totally think this half is YOURS :)

Marlene said...

31 miles! That's 50K - great job this week!!!

Beth said...

Solid week! Nice job!

Molly said...

you go with that weekend 13 miler!! nice week : )

Ayesha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Being Robinson said...

looks like you're gonna be kicking some half marathon butt!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME GIFT! I'm totally envious of your new green baby :)