Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Recap

March was a GREAT month!  I turned 25 and I ran my most miles ever!  I am sad to see it go but I am so ready for April and Spring!


Average Temp: 42F/5.5C

Miles run: 136.7 miles - My highest mileage month EVER!

Rest days taken: 10 days

Highest mileage week: 33.95 miles - My highest weekly mileage EVER!

Average pace: 8:21min/mile

Races: Johnny's Running of the Green 5 miler

Current Obsessions: My foam roller!  My legs have been needing some extra stretching and rolling in order to get them feeling good after all the hard workouts!

Current Blessings: New friends and an amazing husband-to-be!


Current Excitement: My 15k race this coming Sunday!!  I will be using it as a training run but I am still excited to run with some of my friends from running club!


Current Read: Still on The Postmistress by Sarah Blake - it has been a slow month for reading. 

Current Guilty Pleasure: Cupcakes!  After a long week I may need some more cupcakes after work!


Let's hope that April brings some warmer weather and no more snow!

23 comments:

The Happy Runner said...

Great, great month!
Good luck in the 15k!

Christine said...

Very impressive!!! You are doing soo well!!! Keep up the good work!

Her Name Is Rio said...

Congrats on a successful month of training! Good luck and have fun this weekend!

marathonmaiden said...

i love your month. can i steal it for april?! adorable pic of you and the hubby to be!

Nicole said...

Congrats on a monthly mileage pr! ROCKSTAR!

Running to Music said...

I love that you posted how many rest days you took, a great reminder that rest makes a difference!

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a great month! I love the foam roller too! Happy belated birthday!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Nice work on the mileage! It's fun to make a new record - I remember that feeling when I was traning for the marathon!

March was a great month for you! Good luck w/ your upcoming 15k - I am sure you'll do great!

Johann said...

Good month, well done! All the best with the 15km, have fun!

destination262 said...

Congrats on such a great month! And yay for your highest mileage ever. That is so exciting!! I remember the first (and only) time I broke 100 in a month. It was such an amazing accomplishing feeling. Way to go girly!!! And here's to April - hope it's even MORE awesome!!

Aneta said...

great month! Bring on APRIL!

Aneta said...

great month! Bring on APRIL!

Laura said...

What a great month! Bring on April :-)

Laura said...

haha I just realised I pretty much copied the above comment... subliminal perhaps...?

Amy said...

Awesome month! Good luck with the 15K!

Jeri said...

Awesome monster mileage month! Heck ya! :) I need to get a foam roller asap.

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

I love my foam roller to. Just need to make sure I'm using it after every run! My legs need it badly. Have fun at the 15k! I love that distance.

Aron said...

Awesome job on March!!

Rebecca said...

Yay, great post! And awesome mileage for the month... Can't wait for the 15K tomorrow!

Little Miss Runshine said...

I am in love with my foam roller too!!
LOVE running clubs!!!!!

Suzy said...

You had a wonderful March!!! I hope your 15K went well this morning.

Marlene said...

Congrats on a great month and a new mileage record!! Your training is going sooo well!

MMM I <3 cupcakes. ;)

kilax said...

Yum cupcakes!!!

March was an awesome month! Congrats on your high mileage week and month. Schweet!!!!