Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Morning Runner go Honeymooning

The morning we were set to leave for St. Lucia, Brian and I were up at 3am to get to the airport in time to make our 5:45am flight.  Now we may be morning people but that is really EARLY!  We made a quick stop at Tim Hortons' for some coffee to help us stay awake.

The next few hours were a blur of waiting to board, flying, sitting in JFK airport, waiting to board again and then flying 5 hours to St. Lucia.  We finally made it there by 3pm in the afternoon and I was starving and tired.  The drive to the hotel was about an hour over some very hilly terrain.  It was beautiful though. 

Scenery along the way to the hotel
When we finally got to the hotel, there was a nice surprise waiting for us along with a plate of snacks.  I basically scarfed those down as quickly as possible.  Dinner wasn't set to happen until 6:30pm so Brian and I set out to do some exploring to distract us from our hunger.
The view from our room/balcony
The little surprise waiting for us
After a satisfying and filling dinner Brian and I decided to just go back to the room and rest.  The sun had set at about 6:30pm so we were pretty sure that St. Lucia was an hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time.  We continued to think this until the next day when Brian finally found his watch and told me that we were not actually an hour ahead.  The sunset and sunrises were just so different from home.

The next few days were filled with sun and lounging at the pool.  Brian loved having the swim up pools so he could go and get drinks very easily.  We ordered food by the pool most days and just enjoyed relaxing!





I basically lived in my bathing suit except for when I worked out or went to dinner.  It was awesome.  On the 4th day of our trip we took a catamaran boat ride to the other side of the island to see the beautiful Pitons!  You may recognize these mountains from the finale of the Bachelor a few years ago with Jake and Vienna. We actually sailed passed the resort that they stayed at!



The Pitons
Jade Mountain resort - Host to the Bachelor Finale
 

Once we got to the little village by the Pitons, we got off and were taken on a tour of a botanical gardens and also the sunken volanco.  The sad part is that during the botanical gardens my camera battery died.  I was so upset and partially blamed Brian for not reminding me to charge my camera. 


The gardens were beautiful and even though I was bummed about my camera, I soon was over it and just enjoyed out little excursion.

The next two days were once again relaxed by the pool and ate lots of food.  The best part was that there were actually great sunsets to enjoy from our balcony! 


It was such an amazing trip and I loved St. Lucia - such a beautiful island and so relaxing.  I am just so thankful that we didn't have a run in with a hurricane.  It only rained a few times during the trip and for the most part the temperatures were in the high 80s (26C)!  I am so glad that we waited a few days after the wedding before going on the honeymoon - that way I was all rested up and ready to enjoy the sun and fun. 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are amazing! I am getting caught up- you were a beautiful bride (I had no doubt!) and I am super jealous of your honeymoon!

Nicole said...

ahhhh so so so so beautiful! hows married life? i miss you and cant WAIT to have a mr!!!!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

OMG such beautiful pictures! What a great place to vacation! Sounds like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful photos! Looks like you had a great time! :)

Amber said...

GORGEOUS! Looks like you had an amazing honeymoon!

Fruit Fly said...

What a fabulous time! Those sunset photos are seriously breathtaking!!

Amy said...

Looks amazing! We keep doing these northern road trips, but I think it's time to go south!!

Christine said...

WOW! Beautiful!! It must have been hard to come back! :)

Marlene said...

That looks AMAZING! What a beautiful island. So glad you enjoyed a well deserved honeymoon!!!

X-Country2 said...

Wow, what an AMAZING trip! You look so pretty and happy. :o)

Molly said...

that was so smart of you to rest before you went on your trip. The last 2 days of my honeymoon, we had to stay in the rooom because of a hurricane!

Lovely photos!!

Kim said...

I love that you didn't even know where your watch was to check the time - that is a true sign of a relaxing trip! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds (and looks) like such a beautiful and fun honeymoon! I LOVED all the pics! I still really really want to go there...someday!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow - it looks and sounds like you had an amazing time! You definitely earned those relaxing days after those stressful days of wedding planning!!!

Suzy said...

It sounds and looks like you had a wonderfully relaxing honeymoon!

Page said...

I'm SO sorry that I'm so late in commenting on this, but it looks like you had an amazing honeymoon. I am currently awaiting all of your wedding photos so I can obsess over them too!!!