Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Over It.

Winter, that is.

I am all for the four seasons - spring, summer, fall and winter. I live in an area where we have those four distinct seasons and usually each one only sticks around for about 3 months.

But this year, Winter will not leave!

It is getting a little ridiculous when there is still snow on the ground and the forecast shows snow all week at the end of March.

Plus I am tired of putting on layer after layer of clothes just to go outside and run.  I am ready to pack away my spandex and under armour tops, my winter running jacket and my neck warmer.  Bring out the capris and long sleeves, please!

This is me before heading out for my Saturday long run.  The sun was shining but the temperature was only 25F. I was not thrilled by the weather.


The long run actually turned out pretty good. I planned a semi-new route that took me on some of my favorite roads and by the end of the run the sun was shining brightly in a clear blue sky.  This was my first solo 12+ mile run in a  long time and I just enjoyed taking in the sights as I ran.


Even though it was beautiful out, I am over this winter. I am so ready for spring.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far and fast did you end up going? I'm just curious. But I am definitely ready for spring too. I had to forgo my run because all I had at work were running shorts and it was snowing. I may have been a little too optimistic about how warm it might get in the afternoon.

Barry said...

AMEN! Even in Louisiana it's COLD. :(

Mon Amour said...

We just got a few inches of snow yesterday that resulted in classes being cancelled. I'll take snow any time of year if it means classes are cancelled! I like having four seasons too and this long winter is cutting into my spring!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Amen to that!! I am SO sick of winter. We did miss this last snow storm that many got last weekend. But still. I am over it. We have so much snow on the ground, it seems like it will be weeks before it will melt. I did hear that it will get up to 50 on Friday, though! This is making Charlotte more appealing but it's actually been unseasonably cold there, too!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!! I just want some 50's-60's!

Amy said...

I hear ya! We are finally getting a warm spell this week, but I am not convinced winter is over just yet. It is still below zero overnight and in the mornings (Celsius). Brrr!

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I hear you! I was dressed more like Spring when it was Fall! I just posted a picture proving my point.

http://www.momshomerun.com

Unknown said...

I am sooooo over winter! Seems like we might be on the edge of it by now (I hope).

Nice solo long run this past weekend! Are you going to be at Spring Forward 15k this weekend? Hopefully it won't be as nasty cold as last year!!!

Elizabeth @ livingrunningcooking said...

I have been fussing down here in Alabama about our 40 degree mornings. haha! I don't see how you stand running outside when it is so cold. I made the mistake of prematurely packing up some winter clothes... I have been digging through boxes all week!

A running chick said...

Winter, be gone!