Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Literary Wednesday

I dragged myself out of bed this morning for my run. I had my standard 3 mile loop planned and I felt pretty good the whole way - even while running up the hill that never ends! There is this very steep hill in the housing development next to my apartment and I try to avoid it at all costs. But this morning, in my half asleep brain I thought running up that hill would be better than running up the slow incline hill for a mile. I may have a bad case of sleep running...

Anyway, on to the important stuff. This week for Literary Wednesday I have TWO books!

Over the weekend I finished Snow Angel by Jamie Carrie and I loved it. It was very well written and a quick read. It's about a young woman named Elizabeth who has gold fever in the late 1800's. She heads to Alaska in search of gold and gets caught in a snow storm. Somehow she makes it to the porch of Noah Wesley and with her last ounce of strength knocks on the door. Miraculously Noah opens the door to find Elizabeth half frozen and unconscious. Noah rescues Elizabeth and discovers a fierce yet fragile young woman who holds many secrets that not even Noah can unlock. If this quick preview sounds enticing I suggest you pick up this book!

I just started reading my second book, The Various Flavors of Coffee by Anthony Capella but I can tell that it is going to be good. Since there was such a outpouring of comments after my coffee post I feel many of my viewers will like this one as well! It is all about how one cup of coffee changed one mans life forever! And that is all I am going to say!!


Doesn't that book cover just make you want to read it! I am at work enjoying my coffee! Happy Wednesday!!

11 comments:

Marlene said...

Nice job on the morning run, especially tackling that hill!

Thanks for the book reviews; that cover definitelyhas my interest.

Jen Feeny said...

Good job getting out there this morning and thanks for the recommendations that first one sounds right up my alley!

Jamie said...

Way to tackle a hill first thing in the morning! Thanks for your reviews!

Jeri said...

oy the running routes that are thought of while half asleep....that's one thing I DON'T miss about morning running. ;) Great job on tackling it though.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

With a house full of sick kiddos, I missed my morning run and now I really missing it!

Thanks for the book reviews. I could use some coffee!

Glenn Jones said...

It's 2PM. I know I'm still an engineer at heart because I just put some coffee on....

teacherwoman said...

Way to go on the morning run! I wish I would make more time for reading, but I can barely make time to blog and read everyone's blogs! LOL

Anonymous said...

ha, "sleep running", yup I've been there! Ever reach noon and be like, wait...did I run THIS morning? hmm. ;)

great book recs!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yep, that cover art def makes me want to buy that book. And I adore coffee so I bet I would love it!

The Laminator said...

Way to kick that hill's a$$ even in your half-awake, half-sleep state. Hey, we eat hills for breakfast don't we? You must have been hungry...Haha!

Nicole said...

way to rock the morning run girl! it feels so good to have it over with dosent it?!? :)