Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Happy day after Thanksgiving! I woke up this morning and I wasn't even hungry for breakfast because I ate so much food yesterday!!

Yesterday morning I ran in Alisa's Virtual Turkey Trot. I set out around 7am and enjoyed a 3.25 mile run. It was supposed to be a 5k but my loop was just a little bit longer! This was the third day in a row of running for me which is something I haven't done since the early summer!


For the three days I totaled 11.5 miles and took today off but I still felt good with very little soreness! I am very thankful that I am able to run!

In HBBC news: I have been trying to eat the 7 fruits and vegetables each day and it is tough!! As I sat eating my piece of pumpkin pie, I thought to myself - I wonder if this counts as a vegetable??

I wanted to take a moment here to extend a special thank you in this time of thanksgiving to all who take the time to read my blog! I am truly grateful for all the support and comments that everyone leaves here! Thanks so much and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

16 comments:

Badgergirl said...

Nice job on the runs!

And I'd be having the same thoughts about pumpkin pie...if I liked pumpkin pie. I vote count it as a vegetable. :)

Alisa said...

Totally pumpkin is a squash and therefore a veggie in my book. I love everything pumpkin!

Good job on the 5k and all the running in the last few days. Burnin' some of the turkey off before you even ate it!

Nicole said...

way to go with all the running girl! i'm so happy your feeling great! :)

i should have took part in the virtual turkey trot too! :)

enjoy your weekend!!!

Amber said...

Hahahaha pumpkin pie TOTALLY counts as a vegetable. Especially on Thanksgiving!

Way to go with getting back into your running! That's awesome!

Glenn Jones said...

Hmmm. I would count pumpkin pie as a vegetable. That way I could have seven slices of pie a day! Woo hoo!

Thanks for your comment this morning. Yes - sometimes it's really tough to understand what the rest of the country is going through. Then I come to. So nice to not be shoveling snow or slipping on ice!

Oh - and I'll be waiting for my venison!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great job gettin runs in for 3 days in a row!!
Pumpkin pie should be a vegetable! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your running! I was analyzing each dish at Thanksgiving dinner to determine if it had a serving of fruit or vegetable in it.

kilax said...

The virtual challenge is such a great idea! Congrats on your 3.25 and running three days in a role!

I say on Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie DEFINITELY counts!

Marlene said...

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! Sounds like it was a great one.

LOL at the pumpkin pie... that might be a stretch! :p

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Well done on running a 5k! I don't know about you but I sure felt alot less guilty about the amount of food i consumed!!

And I would totally count pumpkin pie as a vegetable. :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

So Thankful to have you back lady!! Let me know if you need any help with pairings or anything :)

Anonymous said...

yep i'm still in!

Nicole said...

Michigan it is! If you need my address, shoot me an email or fbook msg me & i'll be glad to give it to you! :) Can't WAIT to do this fun christmas exchange! wahoo!!

Anonymous said...

oops sorry! Maryland

Anonymous said...

Hey- no problem :)

I live in New Jersey (don't hate...or think of MTV...I live in South Jersey and we are nothing like that!)

Pining for Pinterest said...

The fruits and vegetables are hard to get it!