Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Welcome November!

I need longer weekends! There is just not enough time to get everything done!

It rained Saturday so I put off my run until Sunday morning. With the daily savings I wanted to use that extra hour to my advantage. I woke up at 6:30am, got dressed and headed out the door. I ran 3.5 miles around the local neighborhoods and ended at the local grocery store. I had packed my shopping list, credit card and cell phone. I got a cart and started walking around the store. A few weird glances later I was checking out and calling Brian to pick me up!

It was barely 8am and I had groceries and my run completed! The rest of the day involved walking up and down lots of stairs helping my mom move things around the house! My knees were feeling it by the end of the day.

Monday I was still on the old time schedule and so I woke up at 4:30am (usually my alarm goes off at 5:30ish am). I couldn't fall back to sleep so I went to work. I got to work at 5:30am and I was the only one there (besides the production line people who get there at 5am). It was a long day but when I got home I still decided to go out for a short 2 mile run around 5pm. It was almost pitch dark by the time I got back and the full moon was gorgeous in the sky!

This morning I went swimming with my dad again. It was so busy and there were no lane lines in the pool which made the water very hard to swim in. I tried breathing on the opposite side I usually do and got mouthful after mouthful of water from the waves! I guess I will just have to keep practicing.

Since it is November I thought I would sum up my October!
Running: 22.6 miles
Swimming: 13,870 yards

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

14 comments:

Runner Susan said...

Nice October Miles. How do you get the energy for swimming when it's cold. I need to, but it's so hard

Amber said...

I ALWAYS go to the grocery store after my long weekend runs, so I'm usually a sweaty mess walking around the grocery store on Saturday mornings. Oh well. Haha!

Jamie said...

Weekends need to be a lot longer :) You had such a productive Sunday! I wasn't even stirring until couple hours after you had already finished up shopping!

Marlene said...

I hear you on needing longer weekends. They should be 3 days, AT LEAST!

Nice work starting off your Sunday with a great run!

Felice Devine said...

What a way to make the most of your time on Sunday. Nice job on the runs and the swimming.

No Longer Using said...

you get up so early!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am super impressed. and yes weekends def need to be longer. gosh i am still awed by your wake up times. i hope you get to bed early! lol :)

teacherwoman said...

Your October numbers look great! Way to go!

Aron said...

haha i went to the store mid run once with my headlamp on and i got some weird looks too :)

Jeri said...

yay....I'm so glad you're able to get some decent miles in now. 3.5 miles? very nice. :) :)

Anonymous said...

I love Fall, but the early dark nights can be a hindrance to getting stuff done. Glad to hear you're able to get a lot done!

Anonymous said...

I am *hating* the dark nights, ugh! Oh well, guess it's not getting lighter anytime soon sooo, gotta deal!

Thats a LOT of yards in swimming! :) wow, impressive!

Nicole said...

sounds like a great sunday! :) nice job in october girl! your movin along wonderful!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RunToTheFinish said...

I've been hitting up Whole Foods after my group runs because there isn't one near me, so I know I'm a disgusting mess...but hey I put on a hat so that makes it all better right?