Monday, January 25, 2010

The Rundown

The Weekend rundown -

Friday
After work on Friday I hurried home and changed into my running clothes. The sun was out but it was still a little bit chilly. I headed to the high school track and warmed up with 3 laps then started in the ladder workout that Marlene suggested.

200m (38 secs), 400m (1:29), 600m (2:22), 800m (3:15), 600m (2:22), 400m (1:27), 200m (39 secs)

By the time I got to the first 600m I wanted to quit. I just felt slow and cold and was not looking forward to the 800. I tried to run the 600s and 800 at about 45 seconds for each 200m. I also tried to run the second half of this workout faster than the first. Both of those didn't exactly work out the way I planned but I was able to get the run done. I really just enjoy running 400m repeats.

Saturday
I woke up and was out the door by 8am for a slow 5.3 mile run. It was super cold (21F) but sunny and I just jogged along and didn't worry about time. When I got back I quickly got ready to head to my massage. I had never been to this massage place before but the woman was amazing and so sweet! She did my legs, feet, arms and worked on my shoulders (turns out I have identical knots on both sides of my shoulders). The knots didn't come out totally but they feel a lot better. I bought some of those thermacare heating pad thingies to use to try and break the knots up even more.

Sunday
I woke up and made waffles and enjoyed my day off from exercising. I watched the football games and saw Brett Favre lose which was really sad : (

Monday Morning
Woke up this morning to rain but super warm temperature! The thermometer said 55 degrees so I headed out for a 4 mile run. My legs do NOT like hills in the morning and basically any route I take involves at least 2 hills! So I just chugged along and tried not to step in any puddles! It was a great way to start the week!

Tonight I am going to yoga. I feel like this week is going to be super busy!

Hope you had a great weekend too! Happy Monday!

25 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Good for you for trying the ladder! They are tough! Glad you enjoyed the massage. I was happy to see the Saints win and sad for BF at the same time! Have a great week!

sneakersister said...

Nice intervals!

It's in the 50's this morning here, too. However, it's windy and rainy ... yuck!

Marlene said...

Nice work on the ladder workout - your paces were nice & consistent. (And fast!)

Ahh, it's been too long since I've had a massage. Glad you enjoyed it!

Molly said...

I was thinking this morning I have to book a sports massage, I have a nasty knot in my right shoulder!

Anna Banana said...

I'm gonna have to try that track work out! Sounds like you had some good runs and hopefully the weather doesn't prevent you from any other work outs this week!

Suzy said...

Way to take advantage of the warm temps. I hope they hold until this afternoon so I can head out for a run. The massage sounds wonderful!

teacherwoman said...

I slept a lot this weekend, but I guess that's okay given the situation. I am dying to get back to the gym and sick of laying around all day.

Nice job on your runs! I need to schedule a massage...

Libby said...

The massage sounds amazing. I'm not going to lie, I was happy the Vikings lost (I'm a huge Packer fan). I do feel a little bad for Favre, but then not really. I think it is ironic how his last throw as a Packer was an interception in the NFC championship game and that was exactly the way it ended last night for him.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I bet I have huge nots too.. Our week is going to be BUSY too. I want a day to eat waffles and RELAX..

Jocelyn said...

We always called ladders suicides when we did them in soccer. I hated those things! Sounds like you had an awesome week. It was so cold out this weekend!

Chelsea said...

Glad the massage helped your back. Waffles and chilling out on Sunday sounds wonderful.

Julia said...

massage....! Sounds heavenly. I'm glad to hear it was able to alleviate some of the knots you were having. I've never tried a ladder workout before; sounds very challenging!

RunToTheFinish said...

ohh I haven't found a new massage place here and I'm really missing it...but new people scare me sometimes they do a really bad job!

Amber said...

Oooh I like the look of that pyramid workout. I think I'll do that tomorrow for my speed workout for the week!

Maureen Lisa said...

Glad you enjoyed your massage! I want one!

Bethany + Ryan said...

Nice job! I'll have to try that workout. Good job relaxing too! That is hard for our kind to do! :-)

Lacey said...

WOW! you are right on track (hehehe... get it?). you are seriously rocking the running! and you are FAST! can i come run track work with you?!?! :) those would be my exact target times for that workout. and i'm doing something similar tomorrow... gonna be good i hope.

what an awesome weekend you had. running... MASSAGE... waffles :) and a great start to the week! happy monday!!

Felice Devine said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Great job on the speed. I like the ladders, too.

Brian said...

The ladder is always a tough workout. It will make you mentally and physically better, though. I can also burn you out if you do it too much, though.

Runner Leana said...

Good job on your track workout, even if it was tough! Nicely done. It sounds like a good weekend...massages and waffles? Good stuff!

Badgergirl said...

Massages, running and waffles? Sounds like a great weekend!

Glenn Jones said...

J - even though you may not have felt it on Friday you got it done! Congrats. I know th feeling all too well.

What did you guys do to deserve 55 degrees in January? It's warmer there than here!

And don't worry about marriage. I was 29 before I did. When you find Mr. Riht, you'll know, and he will be patient for you....

Jamie said...

A massage sounds so good right now. Way to get through that ladder!

Anne said...

Those ladders sound evil...thank goodness for the planned massage. Have a great week...you're such a hard worker...I'm inspired.

Nicole said...

great intervals & awesome workouts girl! your kicking BUTT!!