Monday, January 31, 2011

January Recap

January may not have been the snowiest month but it sure was cold here.  This was the month I got back into running and started hitting the streets at 5am again.  It felt great to build up my mileage and do some quality runs before most of the world awoke.


Average Temp: 24.6F/-4C although it was hardly this warm at 5am for my runs.

Miles run: 72.6 miles with no current plan, just building a base.

Rest days taken: 11 from running, 5 from all activity

Highest mileage week: 18 miles

Average pace: 8:27 min/mile.  Trying to slow down and it seems to be working!

Current Obsessions: Skiing!!  I am addicted! I want to go again!

Current Excitement: Half marathon training starting NEXT week!  Just waiting for my plan to come from my running coach!  Hope he sends it to me soon!

Current Read: The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry and wedding magazines.

Current Guilty Pleasure: Sour Patch Kids.     


How was January for you?  I am looking forward to a great February!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some great mileage already for January! Nice job :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've had a great month! I love sour patch kids, you can't get them over here but when my mum and dad visited Las Vegas they brought me back a huge bag :-)

Christine said...

Great January for you!! Keep up the good work and you will rock the half marathon!!

Johann said...

You had a great January, I had a great one as well! Now on to Feb!!!

The Jesse said...

hi, i've been reading your blog for a while and i wanted to stop by to say congrats on an awesome month!

Amy said...

Congrats on a great January! Good luck with the start of half marathon training in February!

Marlene said...

Yay! Great recap. I love these, which is why I finally got on board! I like that average temp stat... might have to add it if I can find it on a weather site!

Anonymous said...

if i were better at skiing i think i'd share your obsession ;) yay for having new obsessions rather than running...mine current is rockclimbing!

ihaverun said...

Nice month!

I am going skiing with my little Princess tomorrow. First time in a long time!!!

Kim said...

I am excited to see your new plan. And so happy that you are back to running! :)

Jamie said...

mmm... sour patch kids. love them with movie popcorn :)

awesome job in January! Good luck with the new plan!

Nicole said...

Great month! I love sour patch kids!!!

d.a.r. said...

Super impressive month!!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Sour patch kids are AMAZING!!! I love skiing too...let's go together! Great running woman and I am so excited to see your training plan from your coach! Um, COLD!!!
Yay for Brocoli!! Enjoy your silent morning gorgeous girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome January, J! Are you so excited for half training to start? I can't wait for mine to begin :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

You had an awesome January! Good luck w/ the 1/2 training! That is so exciting.

Skiing is so much fun - and it's an amazing work out! I haven't gone in years, but I remember how tired/sore my legs were by the end of th eday!