Thursday, January 13, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. The weather forecast called for snow on Wednesday morning, so I headed out Tuesday morning for another outdoor run. I ran 3.5 miles in the peaceful darkness.

Wednesday we did get hit with snow, so I settled for the bike in the basement as an easy workout.

This morning it was FREEZING outside, so I headed to the gym for a light run and weights. Hopefully I can make it 5 days in a row of morning workouts by getting up tomorrow for another run!



2. Today I am leaving work a little bit early to meet my mom and look at MORE wedding dresses. We have visited 6 bridal stores so far and found nothing to compare to the original one we looked at over a month ago. I can't even remember what it looks like now! Hopefully we find a dress!

3. I am thinking about running a half marathon in the beginning of May. The only bad part is that to get the low price, I have to sign up next week. I am hestitant to sign up so early because I don't know if I will be ready to run 13.1 miles in 15 weeks. Anyone have any good training plans??

Have a great Thursday!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Mad props your way for getting out there in the cold! I cant handle it! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Good for you for getting all your morning workouts in! Have fun dres shoppping, I hope you have some luck!!

Lisa said...

Wow, I commend you for getting out in the cold and snow to run in the morning! Great job!!
If you're still thinking about that one dress, there's a reason for it. Go back and try it on again. If it's what you remembered, it's the one for you! Don't let dress shopping stress you out, it should be fun!

Indi said...

Great job!! I need to get my butt out there. Out high's have been in the teens and minus with windchill...makes it soo hard!!
Good Luck with the dress hunting!

Marlene said...

You have to finish off the week-streak of morning workouts now! Great job so far!

Good luck with dress shopping!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Depends on what your goal is for the Half? 15 weeks is plenty of time. There are some great beginner plans out there that will help you get the miles up.. If you can commit 4 days a week and have time for a long run 1 day a week I say GO FOR IT!!

Glenn Jones said...

Wow. and I'm complaining because it was *only* in the mid 50's on Monday. It's supposed to get into the low 80's by the weekend...

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a good half training plan. i don't know if you follow seejessrun.com but she has a really great half and full plan that she made herself and uses. i've stolen lots of ideas from her before

Christine said...

Yeah for the half marathon!!! Check out Runner's world online, they have some good ones. I start my training next week and use this plan:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244--6851-3-2X5X8-4,00.html

Good luck!