Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Coffee or Tea?

Ever since I was sick back in the beginning of March, coffee has not had the same taste.

I am not sure why.  I used to be able to drink coffee every day and I loved it.  I often would pick up Tim Horton's on the way to work for a special treat.  Now some days I can stand to drink it but others I just can't.

Except Tim Horton's - I can still down a large coffee from there with no problem.

So I made a little switch recently and have been trying to drink tea in the morning.  I still love a hot beverage with my breakfast any time of year and the tea seems to be a good way to fill the void of coffee.


I don't know why my taste's changed after bring sick but I am glad that my taste for coffee didn't completely disappear.  Also, I bought a new coffee creamer this week to try because maybe its that instead of the actual coffee. In the past I have used the coffeemate regular stuff, but I splurged and got some International delight in caramel flavor.  Yum. (Hopefully.)

11 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I go back and forth...for a few months it's coffee every day, and then I'll switch to tea. Right now I'm on a tea kick!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I really like coffee, but I only like it with French Vanilla creamer, and actually only the International Delights brand. I am high maintenance. I like loose leaf teas, too, but not tea bags!

James said...

I used to be addicted to coffee. I gave it up about 3 months ago and mostly drink water, but occasionally I'll have tea, usually decaf or herbal.

morningrunner said...

I'll try this one more time.
I'm sorry I have to use the comment line but I didn't know how else to contact you.
My wife's email address is morningrunner@gmail.com. For several years now we have been
receiving emails for someone who apparently has a running blog. I believe that person is
you because when I tried to email you using your contact info it went to my wife's inbox.
Please change your contact info. You're missing some email.
I'm sending this from my wife's account.
If you want to email us....you know the address.
Thanks

Rena said...

Coffee is my life force! Starbuck's latte is so good. If we ever meet in real life, I will treat you to the best latte ever!

Jamie said...

I like both, although I don't need either in the morning most of the time.

Although, I don't really care for Tim Horton's coffee! It always taste burnt to me.

Being Robinson said...

wait, are you canadian, or do they have tim hortons in the U.S.? regardless, love tim's! i love the caramel creamer, it's pretty good.

Jford said...

I am a huge coffee drinker and my wife is a huge tea drinker. I have been working to convert her to the dark side!

Sara said...

i can't imagine life without coffee!

Allison said...

I go through phases with coffee. It's not that I ever really dislike it, but sometimes I just don't feel like drinking it. I suppose that's a good sign that I'm not totally addicted!

Anonymous said...

This is funny, since I recently did the same switch. I still drink my latte once in a while at Starbucks, but at home and at work, I only drink tea now. I used to hate tea! :)