Monday, April 30, 2012

Mega miles week

Today begins my last big week of miles before entering taper. 

54 miles.

That's my mileage for this week.  Slightly insane especially after racing yesterday, but I am up for the challenge.

Here is a peak at my workouts for the week:
 
Monday - 3 miles easy AM, Yoga PM
Tuesday - Total Body Class AM, Yassos 10x800m@ 3:25 w/ 3:25 recovery, 9 miles total PM
Wednesday - 3 miles easy AM
Thursday - 3 mi E, 2x (4mi@ MP + 1mi @T), 2 mi E; 15 miles total PM
Friday - Easy spinning AM
Saturday - 22 miles easy AM
Sunday - 2 miles easy AM

And I really hope that this mornings run was the last morning I have to wear full winter gear and put on all my layers.  It was 30F and there was frost every where and although it was beautiful in the morning light, I am ready for shorts and a t-shirt.


The race went well yesterday (race report coming soon, I promise!).  It was the perfect weather and the perfect race.  I will say that I PR'd big time!  Today, I am a little stiff today but actually not as bad as I thought I was going to be.  Yoga was exactly what I needed to loosen up my legs.



I think the key to this week of crazy mileage will be getting to bed early.  And eating lots of food and maybe some strong coffee!

Bring on the miles!

7 comments:

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

I hope one day I can type 22 miles and th word easy in the same sentence! :) Awesome job! Erica

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great week! Here's to warmer weather.

Kim said...

I was wondering "Did I miss the race recap?!" Phew! Congrats on your PR! Can't wait to hear more!

LOL - where is the rest day in that weekly plan? Do you typically have the shorter runs (Mon, Wed, Sunday) in your heavy loaded weeks?

Allison said...

Good luck with all of the miles this week!

Elizabeth said...

I didn't know you did spinning. That's tough! Wishing you a great final week before you taper!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh my, you have your work cut out for you this week! I know you can do it, though, as you are one tough cookie!

Anonymous said...

54 miles in one week is amazing!!! Congrats to a new PR - what a tease! Looking forward to the race report :)