Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thanks, Runners' World

Tonight's dinner was brought to my kitchen by Runner's World and The Athlete's Palate.


After work tonight, I made Quick, Creamy Chicken Lasagna and it was delicious!  I have to be honest and say it was not all that quick because it did take me about 45 minutes to prepare because I had to cook the lasagna noodles and the chicken.  Once everything was ready though, it took me less than 10 minutes to assemble this all together and pop it into the oven.  And then the lasagna had to bake in the oven for 45 minutes. 


After all that, it was finally done and it was delicious!  I had to pull myself away from this because I kept going back and nibbling on the edges. 


The leftovers will be great tomorrow night after my almost end of the week long run.  The perfect reward after a tough day at work and a long workout!


Sometimes I am afraid to try new recipes for dinner because what if it doesn't come out right, then we wont have any dinner.  So far so good though, I have only had a few failures with a too soupy mac and cheese and a cauliflower pizza crust.

Do you often try new recipes or just stick to the ones you know??

8 comments:

gfmedia said...

I told you this recipie rocked and was so easy to make! We've had it a couple times now:)

Unknown said...

Last night I made an Athlete's Palate recipe, too!! I think it was from either March or April, not sure which. It was a Spring Vegetable Minestrone. YUM YUM YUM!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that looks delicious! I tend to make new recipes, but only on the weekends. I can not get my act together enough to actually make real meals during the week and instead I live on baked potatoes and leftovers!!

Robin said...

Looks good! I don't try recipes too much a tall becaue there's just not enough time...wish there was though.

Molly said...

yum!! Have you ever used lasagna noodles that you don't have to cook ahead of time? Barilla makes some great ones, and I use them whenever I make lasagna.

Paulette said...

I'm so bad about trying new recipes and I tend to ignore magazine ones. But this looks fantastic!

Rena said...

That looks awesome! I'm really bad about being adventurous in cooking. I tend to stick to what I know.

Jamie said...

That looks great!

We try new recipes once every week, but other than that we stick to our usual stuff.