Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fake double

Last night's Tuesday running club workout went off with out a hitch and we had a relatively cool evening for a workout.  80F with a light wind compared to 90F++ temps last week - what a welcomed relief from the heat wave we were having.

I was excited for the workout - 3x1600m at tempo pace followed by 4x200m at race pace,  for the great company of my running buddy and for new running shoes/racing shoes!


A few weeks ago I stopped into a local running/tri store because I had a gift certificate from the race I won back in April.  I was excited to get new shoes but sad to hear that the store did not carry Brooks.  So I started trying on every pair they had in the store until I found these awesome red shoes!  Last night I ran in them for the first time and they made me feel like I was flying.  The adizero adios shoes by Adidas are super light and super comfortable.  I can't wait to race a 5k in them in the fall!

8 miles later we finished the warm up, workout and cool down.  My legs were pretty dead.
3x1600 - 7:06, 7:05, 7:01
4x200m - all at 41 secs, talk about consistent!

I headed home for a shower, dinner and to put my feet up.  I purposely did NOT shampoo my hair in hopes that it would serve as motivation to get out of bed the next morning for a recovery run.

Less than 12 hours later, I was back out on the road for a short 3 mile recovery run.  My legs were yelling at me for running again so close to my last run but this was the only time I could fit it in.  Plus by not shampooing my hair the night before, I felt like I had to get up and run in the morning and then shower/shampoo.  Otherwise it would be double showers for me and double shampoos if I ran after work which was something I did not want to do.  Sometimes you just have to find a little stupid thing to get you out of bed in the morning.

So instead of running in the morning and night with work separating the runs, I ran at night and in the morning with sleep separating the runs.  I think it still counts as a double of sorts - my legs definitely think so!

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great tip with the hair. i will not wash my hair tonight after running and that will force me to do it tomorrow, hopefully after a run.

i hate shampooing my hair too much!

u r one speedy chick! great work. I need some tempo runs in my life!

Running Librarian said...

I did the same thing this morning too! lol

Kim said...

It definitely counts as a double!

I wish I had your speed when doing speedwork.

And damn, those shoes are TOO cute!!!

Nicole said...

I say its a double!!!


way to go speedy pants!


LOVE the shoes!

Rebecca said...

Hmmm, I may have to get some light shoes to keep up with you. :-) Great double workouts! I always feel a bit tired and down on Thursdays after running Tuesday night, then Wednesday AM and Thursday AM. But I think it makes me stronger. Take it easy on them legs, girlie! (P.S. - I think I had fun Tuesday night at the workout! I guess I don't mind the track.... maybe.)

Marlene said...

Yep, I think that counts as a double! I like the shampoo trick - way to get out there!

Nice shoes and awesome job on your track work!

Jeri said...

those are some sexay shoes! ow ow! I told kyle that I wasn't going to shower after my interval workout last night so I'd be motivated to run this morning, he told me I was gross. The no hair washing is probably a better alternative. :P