Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stressed out!

Every since last Friday when we found out that my cousin had died so unexpectedly I have been stressed.  All my perfectly laid plans for the weekend were suddenly thrown out the window.

Sunday was originally going to be the day that I spent addressing all my wedding invitations.  It turned into the day I traveled across the state to see my mom's entire family.  Thankfully that morning I was able to get out for a nice long, relaxing run.

Yesterday, everything caught up with me as I sat and worked and stressed out about my "TO DO" list.


There was so much stuff that needed to be done before Friday and I just didn't see how I could get it all finished.  So I left work a little bit early and went home to run.  I set out for a short and easy 3 miler.  It helped clear my head and got me back on track.  And last night turned into my most productive night all week.

All the invitations have been addressed, I got a haircut, I got gas, I cleaned my room, I tired on my blue dress (which doesn't fit - too big), and went to the library!


Sometimes just taking the extra time for a run allows everything to fall into place.  So tonight, after work I am heading out for another run and hopefully will have all the invitations stuffed into the envelopes and ready to mail tomorrow!

Happy Almost Friday!! 

13 comments:

misszippy said...

So sorry about your cousin. How sad. I'm glad you can turn to running for a little therapy!

Molly said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. Hope you start to feel a bit better after your run.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

My sympathy regarding your cousin. Yes, running helps so much, no matter what else is going on.

Anonymous said...

I so totally agree that running helps! I've been super emotional these last few days, and realized I hadn't gotten as much of my workouts in due to all this crazy wedding stuff! Once I ran, and hit up hot yoga and a few other fitness classes this week, I felt like a whole new woman.

Again I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. :( Hopefully the running will be a way to help you deal with this.

Nicole said...

SO sorry to hear about your cousin. :( Running is always there when i need it. I hate to-do lists. They stress me out. XOXO

Suzy said...

I am sorry to read about your cousin. I am glad that you took the time to get a run in. A nice run can help set up the rest of the day/evening to be good.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. You're right about how getting a run in could make a difference. I need to be reminded of that sometimes.

Christine said...

Running is the best therapy!!! So sorry about your cousin.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin- things like that always rattle us...you will be fine :) That is a long to-do list, but like with everything, you will manage it and then one day be like "wow, I cannot believe everything is done and my big day is here!"

d.a.r. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope that running is therapeutic for you!

kaydi327 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin.

Although it seems monumental (there are so many tasks with weddings!) everything will get done and it will be here before you know it :)

Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. :( And I hate that feeling of a million things to do! You did the right thing by taking time off and going for a run and clearning your head.

Marlene said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. :(

Glad you were able to take off from work early for some much needed "YOU" time. Things are always easier to tackle after a run.