Friday, August 24, 2012

Make this Tonight!

Happy Friday!

This week has been crazy busy.  Wednesday I was at work and was hit with a huge headache around 2pm.  I tried to shake it off with water and a little advil but nothing worked.  I finally left work around 4pm and went home to collapse in bed.  After a short nap, I felt slightly better.  I decided that making a good home cooked meal would help to kick the final remeants of the headahce.  After making this meal I felt so much better. 


You have to make this for dinner tonight! It is so easy and delicious.


Penne Rosa with Shrimp

12 ounces penne
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
8 ounces chopped mushrooms
2 medium tomatoes chopped
4 cups fresh spinach
10 ounces frozen (or raw) shrimp
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes until garlic starts to soften.
3. Add in mushrooms and tomatoes.  Cook for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and release water.
4. If using uncooked shrimp, add in now and cook for 2 minutes.  Then add in spinach and and let cook a few minutes.  If using cooked shrimp, add in spinach and let cook for a few minutes then add in shrimp.
5. Turn stove down to low heat, add in penne, marinara sauce and greek yogurt.  Stir until sauce is mixed well and all pasta and veggies are coated.  Add in parmesan cheese and continue to mix.  Heat until pasta mixed is warmed through and then serve!


Recipe from Back to her Roots.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Yum! that does sound delicious and I'm pretty sure I have all those ingredients on hand too!

RunToTheFinish said...

I'm trying to eat a little more pasta these days to keep my good carbs high so this easy recipe is great!

Rebecca said...

Mmmmmm!!! I am making this next week. We should incluce some sort of recipe trade into the potential future girls' night sleep over you've been taking about....

Anonymous said...

Aahh, I fix something pretty similar to this all the time. I use Classico's vodka sauce and garlic, same similar taste. DELICIOUS.

I feel ya on the headache. i had one yesterday that I felt like no matter what, I just felt like I couldn't shake it. Finally, after a couple drinks last night, I guess it either went away or I didn't care anymore lol.

Nicole Orriëns said...

Yummy, it looks great!

Mom's Home Run

Marlene said...

Looks delish! Except the shrimp... but I could use chicken. :) I like the idea of mixing greek yogurt and marinara for a sort of rose sauce.

Audrey said...

This looked so delicious that I DID make it last night (minus the shrimp..because I was being cheap haha). You are right - it was SO GOOD! And simple! I get so bored of spaghetti so I am really excited to have another good pasta option. Yay!