Wednesday, August 1, 2012

what I ate (this) wednesday

I have to say that the Olympics have taken over my life.  I am not running, sleeping, or working, I am watching the Olympics.  It really is sad because it is summer when I should be doing other things besides watching tv but I am addicted.  Especially to Ryan Lotche, well to be more specific Ryan Lotche's abs. 


Anyways, seeing as the Olympics have become such a big part of my life (for two weeks) something else has to be cut back and unfortunately that has been sleep.  I am pretty good about keeping a strict bedtime of 10pm since I usually get up between 5-6am.  But the Olympics have ripped my usual routine to shreds and I have been seeing 11's on the clock before bed lately.  Not exactly the best idea as I am increasing my mileage as I train for the half marathon in September.  But its only for two weeks, right?

Since I posted yesterday about clean eating, today I guess I am showing you the (almost) total opposite.  I am lucky to have a pretty decent cafeteria at work where they make some pretty (semi) healthy and delicious dishes for lunch.  Since I was too busy watching the Olympics last night to pack myself a lunch, I opted to buy today. So here is what I ate today for lunch!



Grilled pesto chicken on flat bread (with roasted red peppers and provolone cheese)


O.M.G. was that a good lunch.  I love pesto.  I don't eat it enough.

I think I could easily make this at home on a weekend and it would be just as good!

Now with a full belly, I just have to make it to the end of the day.  I may need more coffee!

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Those swimmers are certainly nice to look at. ;)

I saw your lunch on Instagram and I'm drooling. YUM! I always forget about pesto when making food for myself. Yum yum!

Unknown said...

1. That sandwich is to die for

2. Let's get together and go find our Olympic swimming when they get back to the US! Haha. Surely they will want use because we are the only girls drooling over their abs?? Haha!!

http://www.southerncharmnola.com

Anonymous said...

Girl, you have an awesome cafeteria @ work. That Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwich looks delicious!!

Jamie said...

Yum that looks delicious! The sandwich, although the guys aren't bad either.

I did read your clean eating post and I would say that just aim for as minimally processed food as you can, peanut butter is processed but as long as it is organic/natural then it should be fine! You just don't want to be eating cheetos all the time (not that you do) :)

Allison said...

I am having the same Olympics v. sleep problem!