Saturday, July 19, 2008

Boilermaker 2008


This was my 4th year running the Boilermaker 15k. I ran it after my first year in college and i instantly fell in love with it.
The atmosphere is great, so many people and I usually stay with my roommate and her family as well as some other friends which makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable. I had never run 9.3 miles before that first race and I wasn't sure I could do it. The whole experience helped to lead me down the path of realization that I am actually a distance runner.

My previous times:
2005 - 1:23:33
2006 - 1:22:15
2007 - 1:19:55
2008 - 1:16:15

This year i think that my shoes were ready for sneaker heaven because usually my knees/legs don't start to hurt until about mile 8ish but this time i was having trouble at the end of mile 5 into mile 6. I usually forget my watch but this year i didn't and its a good thing seeing as how the chip timing didn't work and all i had was a gun time.

It always takes us about 7+ minutes to get to the start. My goal was to run it in 8 minute mile pace and i was close but i think that the legs hurting caused me to slow down a bit at the end. Without my watch I would have been stuck doing math the whole race and thats really tough! The race always go so quickly, its like i get into this zone, i see people cheering but I feel like I miss a lot of the little details. Overall though a great race, and I cant wait till next year!

No comments: