Sunday, March 20, 2011

Half Marathon - Week 6

Week 6 already!!??  Half way done!

Monday - Easy with Strides
3.5 miles/31:29/9:00 pace

This was the start of a very long and tiring week and having daylight savings time did not help one bit!  Every morning it was hard to get up and at night I could not seem to fall asleep no matter how tired I felt.  Cross training the day before helped to make this run feel really good!

Tuesday - Tempo
6.4 miles/52:00/8:07 pace

Running group night!  3x1600m at tempo!  My legs just wanted to go and so I let them  - not pushing too hard but gliding along for this workout!

Wednesday - Recovery Off

I woke up to rain so I decided to roll over and go back to sleep for another hour and it was well worth it!

Thursday - Tempo
8 miles/1:07:22/8:21

Early morning longish run!  I wanted to go to running group after work to do this workout but I had a work dinner/social function and so I had to do this workout at 5am.  The 8 miles turned out really well and I was happy I hit my half marathon paces!

Friday - Off

Instead of running, I dragged Brian to a jewelry store after work for a special wedding band event.  Not only was there lots and lots of jewelry but there was also food and drinks!  I got some great ideas for candy favors and a wedding cake but we haven't found the perfect wedding bands yet!




Saturday - Long Run!!
12.88 miles/1:46:35/8:16 pace

When my alarm went off at 5:30am, I didn't know why it was going off.  After a few moments I realized that I was getting up to run.  I ate my oatmeal and then headed out to meet the group at 6:30am.  It was a brisk 35F outside even though the day before had been 60F+.  We set off on a 12.9 mile loop and I was feeling good but worried that we were starting off too fast.  The course was pretty hilly for the first 5 miles but I felt good so I stuck with the leaders of my mini group.  I planned to try and pick up the pace for the last three miles and hit half marathon pace but was going to wait and see how I felt.  At around 7 miles I started bringing my pace down from 8:30min/mi and just kept going.  It was a great run overall and I was very happy I was able to run the second half faster than the first!

Sunday - Recovery/Easy
2.4 miles/21:40/9:02

The weather was so nice I could not resist getting out for a run although it took me until 2pm to finally change into my running clothes and get outside! My legs were slightly stiff from the run yesterday but this run definitely helped to shake everything out!


Total week 6 mileage: 33.3 mi

13 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Nice work - another fabulous week!! Your did awesome on your long run. Crazy that you are at the half way point already! Nice!

Amy said...

Great week! I really felt the time change this week too.

Chelsea said...

Way to go! With that long run, you are totally going to rock the 1/2 marathon!

Marlene said...

Your group meets EARLY for the long run! One thing I enjoy about winter running is getting to sleep a little longer (we start at 8 or 8:30 usually). Pretty soon it'll be abck to those 6AM starts to beat the heat.

Congrats on a solid week!!

misszippy said...

Nice mileage! You are going to be in great shape come race day.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, when you find some great wedding band, LMK. I want to hear all about them!

Anonymous said...

1- you are going to ACE the race.

2- you are gonna be one hot bride!

Anonymous said...

6 weeks is nothing. you are just going to blow this race away. for real. your training is spot on! i am seriously impressed with your ability to get those tempo / hard workouts done so early!

Being Robinson said...

you are going to destroy that half. sounds like a fantastic week of running, that's the best feeling!

Christine said...

what a great long run! Plus you have 6 more weeks to get even faster. You will do soo good!!

Nicole said...

Nice job on the long run!!! sounds like a fun weekend!

Katie A. said...

Girlie you are running awesome! Nailing some great paces and getting in some good mileage! Stay strong, you're almost in the final stretch!!!
Have a great week!

Kim said...

Awesome long run! Especially running the second half faster! You are going to kick this half's butt! :) Is anyone from the club running it?

What do you have in mind for your bands?